India has been blessed with multiple pilgrimages sites. The holy shrines are a rich manifestation of gratitude. There’s something strong in the faith. Something faith is the only upkeep that keeps a person motivated and determined.
It’s a testament that humans have found a faith that bestows them with the happiness and safety. These few sacred places are a heritage in itself.
Today we’d look to dwell further into the fact file of one such sacred place. The place is Vaishno Devi which is nestled in the mountain range of the Jammu. The shrine of Goddess Vaishno Devi is in the form of a cave temple.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the facts of it. Shall we begin then?
10) Number of Visitors
- The shrine of Goddess is visited by around 10 million people around the year.
- The cave temple is visited by people all around the nation and especially the Hindu enthusiastic.
9) An Avatar of Durga
- Vaishno Devi is said to be a reincarnation or avatar of Goddess Durga.
- It is also referred as Maa or Mata being the manifestation of Goddess Durga.
8) Mystery around the origin
- The holy shrine of Vaishno Devi and the cave temple is a mystery in itself as how it originated.
- The truth is still a vague fact to some, however, it is said to be 700 years old.
7) Mentioned in the Mahabharata
- The exploits of Goddess Vaishno Devi is mentioned in the epic tale of Mahabharata.
- It is said that Arjuna, one of the Pandav’s meditated and sought the blessings of the Kurukshetra
- The shrine of Goddess Vaishno Devi is said to be the holiest of all religious places in the country.
- It is termed as the Shaktipeeth which possesses immense power which keeps the Goddess safe and secure.
5) Accessed only from Katra
- This holy pilgrimage is only accessible from the town of Katra, the small town of Jammu. The town is famed for its entry to the Goddess Vaishno Devi.
- Every person who has to make an excursion to the Vaishno Devi needs to receive a Yatra Parchi or the permission at the Banganga point.
4) The combination of three caves
- Vaishno Devi is home to three caves that depicts the prowess of the goddess.
- However, only a couple of them is open round the year with the main cave only open for the seasonal pilgrimage.
3) High Climb
- It has a daunting high climb to reach the top. It is situated at a height of 1906m above the sea level.
- The ascend can be made by foot but only a few can make them. The climb features a 13 km stretch from the town of Katra.
2) Facility of Helicopter
- Since the pathway to the cave of Goddess Vaishno Devi has a rocky and steep climb. It was quite a hardship to climb atop the way without hurting oneself.
- However,the new entrant of the helicopter has made quite easy access to the top. People can take a ride in the helicopter which will make the hours long time in just a few minutes.
1) Auspicious on Navaratri
- The shrine of Goddess Vaishno Devi is said to be auspicious if visited on the occasion of Navaratri.
- It is stated that visiting on the occasion of Navaratri is a pathway to heaven.
The trip of Vaishno Devi is a trip of a lifetime. The excursion of the mountain top shrine is a dream come true for many tributaries. It is said that every wish of a man comes true after visiting the pilgrimage. It’s the reason why the place is renowned all around the world and revered along.
Read Also: 10 Interesting Facts about Meenakshi Temple
We hope that the factfile of Vaishno Devi helped you refresh your memory and provided you with the new found knowledge on the subject matter. That’s all from us on the topic.