We are not going to discuss the importance of the PAN Card as that is too generic and we are assuming that you are already aware of this. The main purpose of penning down this article is to help you in checking out the status of the PAN Card. We are going to talk about the status of PAN Card from two perspectives. The first one would be to track the Application Status of the newly applied PAN Card and the second one would be to track the activity status of the PAN Card.
Let us now get back to the main point and check out the process of getting the PAN Card Status by Name and Date of Birth
Checking Application Status by Name and Date of Birth
After the Pan card application form is submitted, you get an application number. This can be used by you to track the application status of the PAN Card. What do you do when you lose the Application Number associated with the PAN Card? Well, this can be a problem as the tracking can be difficult but do not worry as we are here to rescue. You can find the Application Status by Name and Date of Birth. Here is how you can do it.
- To begin the process, please visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html_bkp24052013 as this is the key website which will help you in finding the PAN or TAN status by Name and Date of Birth
- From the Application Type, select PAN – New / Change Request and this will give you two options. You can either find the status by acknowledgement number or by name.
- Select the radio button corresponding to the name and enter your full name along with the date of birth.
- Click on the submit button after entering the details and the application status will be displayed on the next page for you.
- You can also retrieve your acknowledgement number this way.
This was about checking the application status of the PAN Card. This procedure can be used to track new PAN card status and the status of the corrections in PAN Card.
Let us now look at the process to find the activity status of the PAN Card by Name and Date of Birth.
Checking Status by Name and Date of Birth
It was made mandatory to link the Aadhaar card to the PAN Card. If you failed to do so then it should be noted that your PAN Number will be deactivated. If you completed the link then you must go ahead and ensure that your PAN card is active. Here is how you can check the PAN Card Status
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filling portal at https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and on the right side of the Page, click on Verify Your PAN. If in case, you are not able to find the link then you can click here
- Enter the PAN Number, Full Name, Date of Birth, Status and Captcha code before you click on submit button.
- The next page will now display the PAN Card Status and it will let you know if the PAN card is active or not.
These were both the procedures to check the PAN Card status. You can use the one which is required by you. It should be noted that the details that you enter here should match the details on the PAN Card or the application so as to get the information or else the form may return an error.
If you are not able to find the details then you may choose to contact the pan card customer care on 020 – 2721 8080