You must already be aware of the process to apply for PAN Card. To apply for the PAN Card, you need to fill Form 49 A or 49AA online via TIN-NSDL website. The process is easy and it takes a lot less time to get the PAN card because of eKYC and revised rules and regulations. Once the PAN Card has been issued, the PAN Card is issued and it is posted via Speed Post.
The PAN Card is posted to your residential address and you can receive it by displaying your ID Card. If someone else is receiving your PAN Card then they must display your ID card to the postman. This was more of an end to end process but sometimes, to plan things better you can track the PAN Card Delivery Status.
Today, in this article, we will share the process to Track the PAN Card Delivery Status by Speed Post. Below are the steps that you can follow to get more details.
Process to Track the PAN Card Delivery Status by Speed Post
- To track the PAN Card Delivery Status, you need to visit the TIN-NSDL The link to the official TIN-NSDL Website is https://www.tin-nsdl.com/
- On this page, find the link for the tracking the PAN Card but if you are not able to find the link then do not worry as the link of the webpage is https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- Select the application type here as PAN – New/Change Request and Enter the acknowledgement number for your PAN Card. Once that is done, you would also have to enter the Captcha Code and click on the Submit Button.
- The status of the PAN Card will be displayed here. Now, another point that should be noted here is that the consignment number for the speed post will only be displayed if the status is dispatched. If not, then you would need to wait for the PAN Card to be dispatched.
Tracking the Speed Post via Indian Post Website
- You now have the Speed Post Consignment Number and this can be used to track the status of the PAN Card via Indian Post website. To begin with, visit the Indian Post website https://www.indiapost.gov.in/vas/Pages/IndiaPostHome.aspx
- Scroll down on the page and you will notice a section for Track n Trace. Here, enter the Consignment Number along with the Captcha Code and you will now be able to see the Delivery Status along with detailed tracking log. This will help you in getting an idea of the delivery date.
This was about tracking the PAN Card Delivery Status. For any queries in regards to the PAN Card, you can contact 020 2721-8080 between 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. If you have any query in regards to the Indian Post and the Delivery of the consignment, then you can get in touch with Indian Post on the helpline number 1800 266 6868. The helpline is available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.