Founded in 1943, UCO Bank is among the top commercial banks in the country now and a Government of India undertaking. The Board Of directors are different Government representatives from Government of India and Reserve BANK Of India with Shri Atul Kumar Goel being the current Md and CEO and Shri Charan Singh being the executive director. Headquartered in Kolkata, the bank has 4000 plus service units and 49 zonal offices spread all over India. UCO bank also has its overseas branches in Hong Kong and Singapore. UCO Bank currently has 2564 ATMs across the country.
Net banking has taken the entire financing process online. From transactions to applying for loans to opening a new account, all of these can be done from one single device with internet connectivity and any given location. This helps in avoiding traffic and having to commute distances to the nearest branch for the minor transactions. This not only saves time but also fits perfectly in our busy lives to get more things done in a small time.
Below mentioned are simple steps to help you activate your net banking if you have an account in UCO bank through the website itself
- Before starting on the process, make sure that you have your mobile no registered with your account and an active debit card with pin.
- Visit UCO Net banking page and click on ‘New Registration’
- Now it will ask you to enter your account number and any of last 5 transactions that you have made whether credit or debit, also specify the same. This ensures enhanced security for your account. Also tick on the box to agree with the terms and conditions of the site.
- After entering the details, you will receive a One Time Password on your registered mobile number. Make sure that you enter the same and click on confirm. Your request id will be reflected on the screen that you can use for future references.
- Once OTP is confirmed, it will ask you to enter your debit card details such as the debit card number, debit card pin and the expiry date of the card. Once you have filled all the requisite fields, click on the submit button. You can also reset the details in case you have entered wrong digits.
- Once you click on submit button, the new screen will ask you to enter the login password and confirm it. Similarly, you will need to enter the transaction password and re-enter it to confirm. Enter your mail address as a final step.
- A temporary user id will be generated that you need to take note of as the same needs to be changed once you login again.
- The net banking activation takes about 24 hours post which you can login with the temporary user id and change it with your own user id.
- You can choose to continue with the temporary user id. If so then click on ‘Continue’. However if you are changing your user id, make sure that you also change your login and transaction password. The password should not be the same as the user id that you opted for.
Along with net banking, UCO bank also provides the option of m banking that you can activate GPRS activated mobile and your ATM card. You can activate the same either through your ATM card or you can fill up mobile banking request form at the nearest branch. This helps you in keeping your account secure since you will get notifications on every transaction that is made on your account and is also easy to activate.
Alternatively you can also choose to visit the nearest branch for activating you net banking facility following which they will provide you a kit wherein the login id and password are sealed. You can follow the written instructions on it and get your net banking facility activated. UCO bank is technology based in terms of its products and processes. They also have a strong Grievance Redressal or Customer Support team in place to help the users for easy and fast resolutions to issues.
However you need to stay safe and avoid any fraud by not passing on your account information to any third party or anyone in general.