IDBI Bank (Industrial Development Bank of India) is one of the topmost public sector banks established in 1964 by an act of the parliament to help in the growing Indian industry.
Currently the bank is at par with almost all nationalized banks in the country and has integrated latest technologies in its functions, internet banking being just one of them.
Below mentioned are the steps to activate internet banking through IDBI portal –
- IDBI net banking needs you to have an account with them. If you already have an account, you will need to make sure that the debit card is active and you have the pin with you. Otherwise you need to open an account and get the debit card activated.
- Visit IDBI Internet Banking login page and click on ‘continue to login’
- Click on ‘Generate Online Password following which you need to enter details such as customer id, account number and registered mobile number. The customer id and account number can be found in passbook and cheque book. After the details have been filled, you need to click on ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- In the next screen, click on ‘Generate New Password’ and then click on continue. Enter your debit card details such as the card number, pin and expiry date. Click on ‘Generate OTP’
- The Request Id and OTP sms will be sent to your registered mobile number.Enter both the details in the option that follows.
- After entering the Login Password and Transaction Password, click on ‘Enable transaction feature’ and confirm.
If the above steps are carefully followed, you will be successfully able to activate IDBI net banking facility. To login again, you can go directly to the login page and enter the customer id and login password to continue internet banking.
With the prevalence of internet today and almost all sectors going online, IDBI’s net banking feature provides 24 hour net banking facility such as bill payments and other merchant payment from a convenient location without having to visit the branch office time and again. The internet banking feature provided by IDBI bank includes Account Information such as Account Balance, statements, cheque status; Demat Account Information ( Statement of Transaction, Billing Statement Details and Demat Account Details); Online Instructions and Requests (Cheque Book, Stop Payment, Mobile/DTH Recharge); Online Payment Services towards merchants and service providers; Bill Payment and Presentment for payment of utility bills.
With great user experience and features IDBI has become the go to bank now. The most notable ones being free NEFT, Cheque Book and no deductions for IRCTC Transactions. Ever since its start, the bank has worked not only towards finance covers but also toward ensuring an even spread of industries across India. In 2004, the bank was converted to a full fledged financial institution with all its subsidiaries such as IDBI home finance ltd. and IDBI Gilts, all merged into one. The bank has also established its presence in investment banking and mutual fund business.Given, all stakeholders IDBI Bank is soon to emerge as a progressive financial bank.
The history of the bank has been something to look up to. From Industrial Development Bank of India Limited to Merger with United Western Bank. Then followed the change of name to IDBI Bank limited. and finally the merger of IDBI Home Finance ltd and IDBI Gilts with IDBI Bank Ltd, It has been a long and successful journey for the bank and much more to look forward to.
The classification of internet banking options into categories such as Personal ( for paying tax online, cards and hassle free loans), Corporate Banking ( for OTS application and likewise), MSME ( for medium and small sized industries to understand the online application and regulations such as MSE Code and status of MSME Loan application) , Agri ( for agricultural banking and applying for agree loans), NRI (for NRI Banking and remittances) and finally the customer care section to reach out with respect to your grievances and quick resolutions to the same has overall given its users a wide range of options to address to all possible needs of banking. IDBI cares about each of its customer and their money related requirements like its own, and has made sure to smoothen the process of transactions and personal finance.