Account holders of SBI can now register themselves for SBI internet banking without the need to visit the branch. The simple online process enables you to create your net banking account anywhere and anytime.
There are some conditions, however, to avail this facility. First, the account holder must have his/her mobile number registered with the bank. Second, the account holder must possess an active ATM card. Joint account holders cannot use online net banking registration facility and have to visit the branch.
Steps for online registration
You need to follow these steps to create your SBI net banking account.
- Visit onlinesbi.com
- On the homepage, click on “New User Registration/Activation”.
- A pop up appears on the screen to confirm that you have not got an internet banking kit from the branch. Click OK.
- A tab appears on the screen. Select “New User Registration” and click Next.
- A new page appears. You need to enter your details in the various fields on this page. The details to be typed are Account Number, CIF Number, Branch code, Facility required, registered mobile number and country. Select the type of facility required from the drop down menu. The options are full transaction rights, limited transaction rights and view. If you don’t know the branch code, click on “Get Branch Code” button. Enter the name of your state and location to get branch code. Finally, type the captcha code and click on Submit.
- An OTP will be received on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on Confirm.
- A pop up appears where you need to select “I have my ATM Card(Online Registration without branch visit”
- On the next page, you will be required to enter your ATM Card details. Click on Proceed after entering the details.
- A temporary user name and password will be received on your registered mobile number.
Steps to log in
- Visit onlinesbi.com
- Click on “Personal Banking”
- Type the temporary user name and password and click on Log in.
- You will be asked to create a new log in password and user name.
- You will also need to create a profile password and enter some details such as place of birth, country and registered mobile number.
- You will also need to select a security question.
- Finally, click on Submit button.
The username and log in password created by you must be used for all future log ins.