LIC has come a long way in terms of technology. Earlier, people had to visit the LIC office or the agents to make the payment the procedure was slow. With technology, LIC also implemented an online portal for themselves which made it easy for people to make payment, track policy details and check the policy payment receipt. Now, it is not required to maintain files for all these policies.
If you also have a policy with LIC then we would recommend you to make the payment through online. It is quite a simple process and you can even make the payment without having an account registered with LIC.
Below is the process to make the premium for the payment with help of online account and then we have also listed the process to make the payment for LIC policy without registering for LIC Account. However, we strongly recommend you to register for the online account with LIC as this makes the procedure easy for you.
Steps to Make LIC Premium Payment Online
- To make the payment of LIC Premium Online, you need to visit the LIC Portal. The link to the portal is licindia.in
- On this portal, click on Customer Portal from the left side of the screen and you will be redirected to the customer portal. In this step, also click on Registered User once you are redirected to the new portal.
- In this step, you need to login to the portal so enter your username, password,and Date of Birth to login. Note that you can also use your phone number or email address as your username to login.
- Once you are redirected to the dashboard of your account, click on All Policies. This will display the list of policy you hold along with the due date for the payment of the premium.
- From the list of policies displayed, select the policy that you wish to make the payment for. This will take you to the page for policy. Scroll down on the page and you will now notice a column for Billing Info. In this column, click on Check and Pay.
- You will be redirected to a new page which will display the payment information. On this page, click on the Pay Now Button and you will be able to see various payment options.
- Select the payment option from the list and initiate the payment. You can make payment via Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, BHIM App,and even UPI. Enter the authentication details and complete the payment.
- Once you have made the payment, you will be able to check the payment receipt and it will also be saved on to your account. You can access the payment receipt even at a later point in time. These receipt can be used for income tax deduction purpose as well.
Steps to Make LIC Premium Payment Online without Logging in
- To make the payment of LIC Premium Online, you need to visit the LIC Portal. The link to the portal is licindia.in. On the website, click on Pay Premium Online and you will be redirected to a new page
- From the options displayed, click on Pay Direct (Without Login). You will again be on a new page where you can select Renewal Payment.
- In this step, you will be asked to validate the identity so that the premium details can be calculated. You will have to enter the Policy Number, Premium Amount, Date of Birth, Email and Mobile Number to proceed.
- In the next screen, you will see the details for the premium that you need to pay. This will include the details of the premium along with the tax and late penalty if any. Click on Pay now.
- Select the payment method that you wish to use to make the payment and complete the payment.
- The payment receipt will be generated after the payment will be made and you should save or print the receipt for future reference.
This was the process to make the online payment for LIC Premium through an online portal. This has surely made it easy for you to make the payment as it not only saves a trip to the LIC office but it also helps you in generating and maintaining the receipt online.
Note – In case of a failed transaction, the payment will be reverted back to your account within 2 to 5 working days. The timeline depends on the payment method. For any payment related query, you can also get in touch with LIC at their customer care number.
You can reach out to the bank to check the status of the transaction if the payment was not successful and they will help you with exact timelines for a refund.