Islam is a major religion which has a large number of followers around the world. They have founded a large number of educational institutions and universities around the globe since distant past, with the aim to impart education as well as propagate the religion.
Here is a list of top 10 Islamic universities in the world:
10. Al Najah National University, Palestine
One of the most prestigious Islamic Universities in the world is Al Najah National University, which is the largest in Palestine. Established as a primary school in 1918, it was declared a university in 1977 and currently has 22000 students and 300 faculty members.
9. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia features next on this list. The public research university was established in 2009 and uses English as the official language. It offers a wide array of courses in science and technology, and is considered as a premier research institute.
8. University of Jordan, Amman
University of Jordan is recognized as one of the top Islamic universities in the world. It is a public university, which was established in 1962, making it the oldest and biggest higher education institute in the country. Currently, it enrolls 37000 students being trained by 1400 faculty members.
7. Alexandria University, Egypt
Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt is the next name among best Islamic universities in the world. This public university dates back to 1938 and currently has more than 165000 students on its rolls. It is the second largest university in Egypt.
6. United Arab Emirates University, UAE
United Arab University in Al Ain, UAE was founded in 1975 and is one of the leading Islamic universities. The public university has nearly 13000 students and is a leading research institute.
5. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia was founded in 1952 and is highly acclaimed for its science and engineering programs. The university has such courses which are not available in any other university in the country. It has strength of 7500 plus students.
4. American University in Cairo, Egypt
Next among the top 10 Islamic universities in the world is the American University in Cairo, a private university which has been in service since 1919. Students can pursue undergraduate, graduate and professional courses in the university, with the American style of teaching. It is considered as number 1 university in Egypt.
3. King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia was established in 1967 and has more than 132000 students and 6000 staff members. It was started as a private university but later converted into a public one.
2. Cairo University, Egypt
Featuring next on the list of best Islamic universities in the world is Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, which is a one of the oldest universities, dating back to 1908. The university currently has 280000 students and more than 12000 academic staff members.
1. King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is the top ranked Islamic university in the world. It was established in 1957 by King Saud bin Abdulaziz and currently has nearly 36000 students, both male and female. It uses English as the medium of teaching.
Some other reputed Islamic universities are Qatar University, Benha University and Zagazig University. All of these institutes are acclaimed names in the Islamic world today.
- Here is a list of top 10 Islamic universities in the world:
- 10. Al Najah National University, Palestine
- 9. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- 8. University of Jordan, Amman
- 7. Alexandria University, Egypt
- 6. United Arab Emirates University, UAE
- 5. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- 4. American University in Cairo, Egypt
- 3. King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- 2. Cairo University, Egypt
- 1. King Saud University, Saudi Arabia