Chennai Metro Water is a body that comes under the state government of Tamil Nadu. It is responsible for providing water in Chennai, and it is also responsible for sewage treatment. The problem is that Chennai is mainly dependent on groundwater, and there is usually a shortfall in the water supply in Chennai. Because of this, the responsibility of supply was given to Chennai Metro Water. In addition, the organization allows you to book a water tanker in case of an emergency.
The website of the Chennai Metro Water offers a lot of services, including the booking of a water tanker, payment, complaints and status tracking. Chennai Metro Water offers 6k L, 9k L and 16k L capacity. You can choose a delivery slot, and you can also make the payment online. All these services are classified under the Dial for Water 2.0 Scheme.
Registering Mobile Number in Chennai Metro Water
You can follow the steps listed below to register your mobile number on Chennai Metro Water. The steps listed below assume that you already have a Consumer Number/ CMC Number. If you don’t have your CMC number, try to find the CMC card that CMWSSB issued.
- Visit the official website of Chennai Metro Water. The link to the website is https://dfw.chennaimetrowater.in.
- Under the Register for Dial For Water, Enter your CMC number. This is a combination of Zone, Ward, bill Number and Sub Code. Once you enter the details, click on the Register button.
- If you don’t have any water tax or any payments due, the page will load for you. If the payment is due, you need to make the payment first.
- On the same page, you will see the option to enter your mobile number. Once you enter the mobile number, click on Generate OTP and authenticate the OTP. This will now seed your mobile number in Chennai Metro Water.
How to Book a Tanker With Chennai Metro Water?
Here are the steps to book the tanker with Chennai Metro Water.
- Open the homepage of the Chennai Metro Water website. We have shared the link in the section above.
- On the right side of the page, you will find a Book a Water Tanker section. Enter your number and validate the OTP.
- In the next step, choose the capacity of tanker you need and click on the pay button. Please note that only the multi-story building customers are allowed to book a water tanker of 16k L capacity.
- Make the payment using the online mode. After the payment is made, you will get the booking details, and the tanker will be delivered.
The government has made it easy to book a water tanker using Chennai Metro Water. Once you register your mobile number, you will be able to avail many services. If you have a complaint, you can reach out to the helpdesk at 044-45674567. The customer care executives are very sensitive to the need of customers, and they are very proactive in dealing with the problem. The tanker charges vary from Rs 475 to Rs 1785 depending on the consumer type and the capacity.