Headquartered in Bangalore, Vijaya Bank is a public sector bank with over 2031 branches including 2001 ATM’s . The bank started way back in 1931 when there was an economic crisis due to the ‘Great Depression’ . It was established by A.B. Shetty to extend credit towards farmers for preventing them from being misled by lenders. Having been established on the occasion of Vijayadashami, it was named as Vijaya Bank.
Like any other modern day bank, Vijaya Bank also provides net banking facility for its users. Below mentioned are the steps to login and register for online banking –
- Before beginning the process, make sure that you have an account with Vijaya Bank. You should have an active debit card and the atm pin with you.
- Visit https://www.vijayabankonline.in
- Click On ‘Retail Banking’ and then continue to login page
- You will then need to click on the option as New User? Register here below the Retail Users Tab –
- Now you have to validate your card details by entering the values such as 16 digit ATM Card number, ATM Pin, Card Expiry Date, Account number linked to the atm card, date of birth/pan number, transaction amount, type and facility of any of your last three transactions. In this case, make sure that you click on View and Transaction.
- Enter the given captcha and tick on the terms and conditions tab.
- The next screen will ask you to enter the OTP that you received on your registered mobile number.
- Once you OTP is validated, you can enter the User Id and set your login and transaction password after confirming it.
- Once your login ID and Password is set, you can enter the same to login next time.
You can use Vijaya Bank net banking facility for transferring funds to other accounts, paying taxes, paying bills and also for paperless account statements. Just make sure that you have a registered mobile number with the bank. The online process avoids the need of having to commute to the branch to activate internet banking. One more benefit of the same being that the bank does not charge you anything for using net banking which means that the service is free of cost. Make sure that you change your transaction password every couple of months, ideally six months to keep your account secure and in good stead.
From the same portal for Vijaya Bank, you can add beneficiaries, especially for people that you keep sending funds on a regular basis. This not only helps you in a faster transaction process but also saves your internet usage and you do not need to enter details time and again. You can sit and do transactions globally from any location. If need be, you can also choose to fill an application form at the bank to activate your net banking and get personalised help.
Vijaya Bank, like any other bank gives the facility to choose between retail and corporate banking.One major advantage being, you can also provide donations through the portal itself. A never before seen feature, this adds a great deal to people welfare. Having started as a means of aid to the rural population, Vijaya Bank has been actively involved in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana and other notable social security schemes. Apart from this, the bank has been initiating a lot of contributions in terms of providing sanitation facilities in school to setting up health check up centres at villages where the treatment is done for free. They have also promoted adoption of girl child in India.
With a motto of launching every latest technology as a means of progressive banking medium for every employee, person and citizen, Vijaya Bank is aimed at making a revolutionary change in personal finance aimed at a greater goal of sustainable development. The major focus as of now is to make the entire institution as customer centric as possible along with keeping the core values intact so that it serves its purpose in the long term. They owe their success till date to all the people who have helped Vijaya Bank to reach the position that it is on today. With their morals resonating with the company standards, Vijaya Bank strives to become the best of its kind.
- How to Register and Use Vijaya Bank e-Passbook on Mobile
- Vijaya Bank Balance Enquiry Number, Missed Call & SMS, Customer Care Toll-Free Number