Shahid Kapoor, a Bollywood actor who stormed through the gates of Bollywood with his debut movie Ishq Vishk is regarded as the foremost actors of the current generation.
Blessed with the looks that create heart-throb among the fans, he is fast paced to lead in the acting skills too. Having had a humble beginning by virtue of being a sidekick dancer in the songs and chart busters, he made his mark in the movie industry with his gracious performances.
Often termed as the Bollywood’s answer to Tom Cruise, we look back at the career of this fine actor to unearth the top ten best movies of him.
Time to get the list rolling in.
10) Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005)
- A Bollywood fantasy movie, this one was written and directed by Mahesh Manjrekar.
- The movie was the first Indian movie to be shot in High Definition(HD).
- The movie did good business at the market and earned a good response from the viewers for his uncontemporary story base.
9) Mausam (2011)
- A movie was written and directed by Pankaj Kapoor, this one had Shahid Kapoor star with Sonam Kapoor in the opposite pair.
- The movie spans a period of 10 years depicting many social incidents in the process.
- It earned a great collection at the box office receipts apart from praise from the critics.
8) Badmaash Company (2010)
- A crime comedy film direct by actor turned director Parmeet Sethi, this one was one of the sleeper hits of the year.
- The movie featured Shahid Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Meiyang Chang and Vir Das in the leads.
- It had a mixed response from the critics although it gained commercial success at the box office.
7) Phata Poster Nikla Hero (2013)
- A comedy-drama film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, this movie had Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz as the leads.
- The movie did decent business at the box office and received good response from the viewers. However, the critics gave mixed views for the movie.
6) Ishq Vishk (2003)
- A coming of age romance film with the then debutant Shahid Kapoor, this one hit the right notes at the box office and critical reports.
- The movie had Amrita Rao, Shenaz Treasurywala and more in the opposite pairing to Shahid Kapoor.
- The movie earned Shahid Kapoor the accolade of Best Debutant Actor at the Filmfare Awards.
5) R. Rajkumar (2013)
- An action drama film directed by Prabhu Deva, this one featured Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha in leads.
- The movie had full on actions with some peppy dance numbers which all together placed till in fine accordance to the box office reports.
- The movie had Sonu Sood, Ashish Vidyarthi and more play a supporting cast.
4) Kaminey (2009)
- A movie by Vishal Bhardwaj, this one was a caper thriller set in the backdrop of Mumbai underworld.
- The movie had Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Amol Gupte in leads.
- It was a commercial success and well as a critically acclaimed one.
- The movie has regained the cult status over the years.
3) Vivah (2006)
- Don’t bait an eye on this being the third entrant of our list. The movie deserves every bunch of accolades thrown around.
- The movie was themed on romance and featured Shahid Kapoor in pairing with Amrita Rao.
- The movie was directed by Sooraj R. Barjatya.
- The movie became the biggest commercial success of the lead actors at that time.
2) Jab We Met (2007)
- A movie that ruled the hearts of the viewers, this one featured Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor as the leads.
- The movie was directed by Imtiaz Ali and was also written by him.
- The movie borders on the storyline of a Punjabi girl bumping into a depressed Mumbai businessman and the aftermath.
- The movie was acclaimed for the chemistry between the leads.
1) Haider (2014)
- A movie adaptation of Hamlet by Shakespeare in theIndian context, this one remains atop as the best movie of him.
- The movie was directed by Vishal Bhardwaj and featured Shahid Kapoor, Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Shraddha Kapoor in leads.
- The movie earned Shahid Kapoor the title of Best Actor at Filmfare Awards while Kay Kay Menon and Tabu took home the accolade of Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress.
Hey, we reached the end of our list. Pretty quick, ha? It was a great time finding the best movies of our very own Shahid Kapoor in his career expanding just over a decade. That’s all from us on this one today. We shall be back with more the next time.