Bollywood is the most lucrative industry in India, where people, particularly actors make money in millions. They not only make money through films, but also through advertisements and endorsements, besides getting great deal of fame and recognition all over the world. Gone are the days when Bollywood was a masochist institution where males were paid higher than female actresses even though they deserved more. I think it is safe to say that it was a revolutionary time and year when a female actress was paid higher than a male actor. Thanks to Sridevi who is bollywood’s first female superstar. It is said that Sridevi is the first ever female actress in Bollywood who was paid higher than her male colleagues. Well, we must say that it was a glorious time that she made it happen and since then there has been no looking back.
Having said that, it brings us to a time where bollywood actresses are creating milestones in their acting careers and bank balance perhaps, more than a male actor at the given point of time. If you believe me, I would say there is no better time to be alive than to see women ruling the world and making big bucks. Talking about bucks, here is a list of top 10 richest bollywwod actresses whose net worth’s is going to take you to a wonderland.
Here are the top 10 richest actresses in India:
10. Vidya Balan
One of the most talented and highly appreciated actresses in the industry is Vidya Balan and she is among the top earning actresses too. She has a net worth of $ 18 million in INR 134 crore approx and charges Rs 3-3. 5 crore per movie. She has married the UTV Production House CEO, Siddharth Roy Kapoor. People know her from the days of Hum Paanch to now seeing her play roles opposite biggest actors in bollywood.
- Also Read: Top 10 Richest Bollywood Actors in India
9. Katrina Kaif (Rs.230 Crore Estimated)
On number three spot in the list of riches Indian actresses is the British diva, Katrina Kaif, whose net worth is $ 30 million in INR 230 crore. The 40 year old super star makes Rs 10-12 crore from each of her films. She acts in Telugu and Malayalam movies besides Hindi movies and also endorses numerous brands. Her upcoming movie is Tiger 3 with Salaman Khan.
8. Kajol Devgan (Rs.240 Crore Estimated)
Kajol is a highly respected and well-loved actress in Bollywood. Besides her acting, she’s a successful businesswoman. She owns Devgan Films, her own company, which has made many hit movies. Kajol is also a brand ambassador for various products, such as Tanishq, LG, and Kalyan Jewellers. Her estimated net worth is Rs.240 Crore.
7. Madhuri Dixit Nene (Rs.248 Crore Estimated)
Madhuri Dixit is a very successful and beloved actress in Bollywood, and her earnings show how famous she is. She is also a smart businesswoman and has put her money into many successful projects. She also endorsed many brands such as Maggi, Kalyan Jewellers, and Tanishq.
6. Anushka Sharma (Rs.255 Crore Estimated)
This young actress from Bangalore comes next among top earning actresses of India, with a net worth of Rs.255 crore and Rs 15 crore as earning per movie. Talking about Anushka Sharma, she is the envy of every Indian girl right now because she secretly got married to the heartthrob of India- Indian cricketer Virat Kohli. Besides the fact that she is married to our Indian cricket team’s captain, Anushka is loved for being that bubbly actor who is known to act her heart out.
5. Alia Bhatt (Rs.299 Crore Estimated)
Alia Bhatt is one of the cutest actress in bollywood. As per the sources, she was paid Rs 20 crore for Gangubai Kathiawadi role. She has worked with more than 50 brands during her career, like Cadbury, Philips, Make My Trip, Cornetto, and Garnier. It’s said that she charges about 5-6 crore rupees for each endorsement deal.
4. Kareena Kapoor Khan (Rs.485 Crore Estimated)
Featuring next on the list is the beauty queen, Kareena Kapoor, who recently married the younger Nawab of Pataudi, Saif Ali Khan. She has a net worth of Rs.485 Crore and earns Rs 10-12 crore per film. She is considered to be one of the most sensuous actresses in the industry. Recently she appeared in netflix movie “Jaane Jaan” a suspenseful and thrilling film.
3. Deepika Padukone (Rs.497 Crore Estimated)
The richest actress in Bollywood is Deepika Padukone, who has a net worth of $ 60 million in INR 497 Crore. Daughter of legendary tennis player Prakash Padukone, the 37 year old Deepika takes 25-30 crore per movie, besides earning from endorsements of big brands.
2. Priyanka Chopra (Rs.620 Crore Estimated)
Priyanka Chopra features next on this list, with a net worth of $ 75 million in INR 620 crore and earning per film of Rs 10-12 crore. Priyanka Chopra was once a nerdy engineering student until she was crowned Miss World in 2000. If you ask me, she hasn’t and is not willing to look back since. She has not only won the hearts by her impeccable acting skills, but also by trying her hand at singing and now she has made it to the Hollywood. Recently she appeared in prime video’s web-series Citadel.
1. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Rs.776 Crore Estimated)
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is one of the highest-earning actresses in Bollywood. As per CNBCTV18 report her estimated net worth is Rs.776 Crore. For the movie “Ponniyin Selvan: II,” she charged Rs.10 Crore. Throughout her career, she has been associated with more than 100 brands, such as L’Oréal Paris, Coca-Cola, Kalyan Jewellers, and Longines. It’s said that she demands about 6-7 crore rupees for her brand partnerships per day. Additionally, she has invested in several businesses and startups, including one called Possible, which focuses on nutrition-based healthcare. Aishwarya also makes money through collaborations with brands, photo shoots, and public appearances.
What makes these Bollywood actresses more rich?
If you see Bollywood actresses have multiple sources of income that contribute to their growing wealth:
- Film Acting: Starring in movies is one of the primary sources of income for Bollywood actresses. Successful films can bring in substantial paychecks, and top actresses often command high fees per project.
- Endorsements: Many actresses become brand ambassadors for a variety of products and companies. They earn significant amounts for endorsing products in advertisements.
- Television Appearances: Some Bollywood actresses also appear on TV shows, reality programs, or as judges on talent shows, which can be lucrative.
- Public Appearances: Celebrities get paid for making appearances at events, award functions, and promotional events.
- Business Ventures: Some actresses invest in businesses or start their own production companies. They may earn profits from successful ventures.
- Social Media Influence: Bollywood actresses with large followings on social media can monetize their presence through sponsored posts and collaborations.
- Fashion: Many actresses have their clothing lines or collaborate with fashion brands.
- Product Licensing: Some actresses license their name or image for various merchandise.
- Brand Partnerships: Collaborating with brands to create exclusive product lines or collections can be financially rewarding.
- Royalties and Residuals: Continual earnings come from royalties for older films, especially if the films are regularly broadcast on television or streaming platforms.
- Investments: Wise financial choices, including investments in real estate, stocks, or other businesses, can further enhance their wealth.
- Philanthropy: While not an income source, some actresses engage in charitable activities and fundraising, contributing to their societal influence.
Bollywood actresses can accumulate wealth from a combination of these sources, and their income often grows with their increasing popularity and successful ventures. Additionally, smart financial management and investment decisions can further enhance their wealth over time.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.