Net banking has become the need of the day now. Every bank needs to provide a suitable source of online banking to facilitate transactions and raising tickets from a convenient location without having to visit the branch multiple times. Indian Overseas Bank has a website that can help you with activating net banking for your account.
Internet Banking Registration and login procedure
Below mentioned are the steps to activate your internet banking through Indian Overseas Bank Website-
- Go to https://www.iobnet.co.in/index.html
- The customer awareness page shall appear on which you need to click on continue.
- Click on Register for individual login if you have a corporate account then click there.
- Enter the details as asked such as the ‘login id’ ‘password’ and nickname
- Accordingly click on ‘yes’ if you want to enable fund transfer via neft and click on Submit
- Upon submission, you will receive an acknowledgment that you need to take a print out of.
- Sign on the acknowledgement and submit it to the nearest branch
- The internet banking takes 24 hrs to activate and for the fund transfer you will receive an email with pin that you need to login with the netbanking id that you had previously set.
- In the login page, you will find two options, one is for individual login (https://www.iobnet.co.in/ibanking/login.do) and the other is for corporate login (https://www.iobnet.co.in/ibanking/corplogin.do) . Make your choice accordingly and login to the required account.
Indian Overseas Bank gives various additional features under the same website. Not just personal banking, you can opt to track your transactions, apply for insurance or loans and also block your stolen or misplaced cards for security issue through the website itself.Various sub features are included under the major ones that are Personal Banking, Corporate Banking, NRI Accounts, Rural, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Tenders and Aadhaar Related.
With over 4000 branches across the country and abroad and core banking solutions (CBS) enabled in all the branches, IOB has emerged as a strong financial institution in the country.Being a public sector bank having founded by Indian dignitaries, the bank has its headquarters at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. They have also expanded in foreign countries such as Colombia, Bangkok and Singapore. The bank has truly strived toward making its customers happier through the wide range of options that matches every small financial need of a person.
Personal Banking refers to the activities related to the user account such as the status of the loan application, money transfer to other banks and Credit Card. Corporate Banking on the other hand refers to the activities related to a single business and includes activities such as Merchant Banking, loans for small and medium sized enterprises and also authorized dealers nearby.Corporate banking is ideal for those who are using the Indian Overseas Bank Website for all their business needs. NRI accounts are made for those that are not a resident of India as the name already suggests. This happens when a person has a different citizenship but is doing transactions in India. In such a case, the person can handle all his usage in one place in case of loan application or queries in general. This is also possible when the person stays in India but is not a resident. The Rural drop down is meant for the users who are resided in the sub-urban or remote locations of the country. Their usage of the platform is mostly the agricultural business that these users follow. A few of the activities that include the same are Agricultural term Loans, IOB-Kisan Tatkal Scheme and Financial Inclusion. Rest are mobile banking usually done by the app now available for Indian Overseas Bank also.
Indian Overseas Bank has given an altogether new design to the normal use of net banking. As helpful as it is, you also need not wait on customer queues or customer service to get your resolution done. If all the steps are diligently followed, you can login at your convenience and proceed with your work. The website also gives you the option of recovering your password if in case you forget the same.
As straightforward as it seems, you must also not forget that your id and password are sensitive information to your banking details and should not at any cost be allowed to be known to anyone else apart from you.