Axis bank is one of the most preferred Private Bank in India. The bank offers a lot of services for its customers and one such service that customer leverage on is the Credit Card. There are many varieties of Credit Card that Axis Bank has to offer. In addition to this, the bank has an edge loyalty program which rewards the customers for using the credit card.
Credit Card can prove to be a great way of purchasing things and it is certainly rewarding as well. If in case, you lose your wallet then the first thing that you must do is block your cards. If you lost your Axis Bank Credit Card and you wish to block it then you are at the right place as we have shared the process to block the Axis Bank Credit Card here.
Steps to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using IVRS
In order to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using the IVRS, you can get in touch with the Axis Bank Customer Care. The contact number for axis bank is 1860 419 5555 & 1800 500 5555. You can dial in any of these numbers and follow the instruction on IVRS. You will then be routed to a customer care executive who will be able to block the Axis Bank Credit Card with you after you validate your identity.
Steps to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using SMS
It is also possible to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using SMS. Follow the points listed below to block the Axis Bank Credit Card with help of the SMS.
- From your registered mobile number, you need to send an SMS on 5676782.
- The content of the SMS should be BLOCK XXXX. The XXXX should be replaced with the last 4 digits of the credit card.
- You will receive an SMS confirming the fact that your Credit Card has been blocked.
Steps to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using Internet Banking
If you wish to block the Axis Bank Credit Card with help of the internet banking then you can follow the steps listed below.
- Visit the Axis Bank website with help of URL https://www.axisbank.com and login to your account using your User ID and Password.
- Once you are on the dashboard of your account, select Accounts from the top menu bar and then click on My Credit Card from the drop-down menu.
- Select the card that you wish to block and then select Block Card from the drop-down menu on right side of the screen. Click on Go button after making the selection.
- Select the reason here and enter the OTP that you received on your mobile. Once you validate the OTP, the Credit Card will be blocked.
Steps to Block Axis Bank Credit Card using Mobile Banking
You can follow the steps listed below to block the axis bank credit card with help of mobile banking app.
- The first thing that you need to do is that you need to initialize the axis bank mobile banking app on your phone and login to the app using the authentication pin, fingerprint or any other authentication method.
- Select credit card from the home deck and this will take you to the screen for a credit On this, select the credit card that you wish to block. This will now display all the details for that specific card number.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will notice a button for Total Control. Tap on the button and then select Block & Replace Card.
- You will be redirected to a new screen and on this screen, tap on Block and Replace. An authentication code will be shared with you via SMS and you need to enter the code to block and replace your credit card.
These were all the different ways to block Axis Bank Credit Card. For any other information, you can reach out to the bank’s helpline. In addition to this, it should be noted that you can get your card replaced after blocking it.
There is no way to unblock the card and this is to prevent the misuse of the card. Axis Bank offers free replacement for the credit card in most of the cases.