In our society on the basis of income, we are divided into different classes like: Higher Income Group, Lower Income Group (Economic Weaker Section) and Middle Income Group.
EWS (Economic Weaker Section)/ DG (Disadvantaged Group): The person in the family whose sum of total income is below a certain desired level falls under the category of Economic Weaker Section (EWS). There could be different factors which may decide whether the person comes under Economic Weaker Section but we consider income as one of the major factor for this purpose.
Disadvantage groups are those individuals, who have certain or suffer from disability (mental or physical).
For some or other reasons, these groups are deprived from education facilities and certain other opportunities as well. So the Indian Government has come up with an initiative for providing education to Economic weaker section and the Disadvantaged Group. There are numerous schools which provide education facilities for this section of the society.
EWS Admission Online Application Form
Admissions for nursery classes in Delhi for the economically weaker section and disadvantaged group categories will Start from January last week and ends on last week of February. In that period Delhi government will issue criteria for the participating in the admission process. The group habitants who belongs to the category with annual income less than or equal to Rs 1 lakh (one lakh) can participate in the process of admission. The economically weaker section (EWS) category, the disadvantaged group (DG) category candidates covers those constraint who falls under SC, ST, OBC, non-creamy layer, physically challenged, orphan and transgender category and children those who are affected by the disease HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or any other relatable disease.
Admissions for EWS and DG category is made by system generated lottery process in the applicable schools with respect to 25 per cent seats( reserved) .
The Registration Process
- The parents/ candidates or the concerned person can visit the official website of Directorate of Education –www. nic.in
- After visiting the website you can click on the icon “EWS / DG Admission” it will redirect you to the desired page- http://edustud.nic.in/mis/studentadmission/webform1.aspx
- Select on the icon “Registration for New User” Link.
- After clicking on the registration form fill the required details (fields marked with red asterisks (*)).
- After previewing and agreeing to the ‘Terms and condition’ then click on “Register” button as once clicking on the “Register” button you will not be able to change or edit.
- After clicking on the register button you will be directed into another page which will showcase your registration number or login ID and password and you will get an alert or notification via SMS on your registered mobile number or the registered mail id.
- You are required to preserve this for future reference for knowing any status related to the admission process.
Steps for filling the Application Form
- “Select the Login” icon
- Please fill the login ID and Password and select the Login icon.
- You will be redirected for filling the application form, you should fill the all desired fields carefully without committing any error.
- After that you can select the “Preview” icon and check the details.
- After that you can select your Choice of School and can select “Add” button. You can select any number schools as your preference. Now, share the “submit” button.
- After this stage a pop-up notification will display on your screen that the Information is successfully submitted.
- In next step you can select the bunch of school of according to your next preference.
- In the next step you can select the other sets of school with respect to your least preference.
- After completion all the steps, you can finally submit
- Before submitting you are requested to check thoroughly the details.
- After that you can take the printout of the Application Form for future reference.
- The candidate should be a residence of Delhi.
- The parents’ annual income should not exceed more than Rs. 1 Lakh Rupees (one lakh rupees).
- Keeping aside the general category, there is a reservation criterion of 25 percentages: they are not required to pay the fees for opting the education facilities.
- In the scenario you fall in the category of Disadvantage Group you are not required to submit proofs like income proof or any certificate for the admission purpose.
- Any children under Economic weaker Section or Disadvantaged group can participate in the admission process if there age is in between 3 years to 7 years.
For admission in Pre-School or Nursery
For admission in Pre-School, the child’s age should be in between three (3) years and five (5) years old as per prescribed date of 2019
For Pre-Primary or KG
For admission in Pre-Primary, the child’s age should be in between four (4) years and six (6) years old as per prescribed date of 2019.
For Class I
For admission in Class I, the child’s age should be between five (5) years and seven (7) years old as per prescribed date of 2019.
Every child is a gift of GOD they must not be denied or deprived of getting education.