Andhra Pradesh is located in the southern part of India and it is a state which has experienced high growth in the past few years. The state has opportunities for everyone because of the presence of the IT Industry, Heavy Industry and other domain-specific industry. A lot of investors are coming forward to grab the opportunities in Andhra Pradesh. This has also increased the demand for residential property in recent time.
There are many townships coming up in the state and there are also new residential areas being setup to meet the demand for real estate. One of the documents that you must look at while purchasing the property anywhere in India is Encumbrance Certificate. This is also true for the Andhra Pradesh. You would need Encumbrance Certificate if you are applying for a loan and you would also need Encumbrance Certificate if you are purchasing the property as this would help you in ensuring two things.
The first thing that the Encumbrance Certificate will help you in ensuring is that there is no active loan on the property. The second thing that the Encumbrance Certificate will help you in is establishing the ownership of the house.
All these records are maintained by the Registration and Stamp Department and in this article, we have listed the details to get the Encumbrance Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
Fee for Obtaining Encumbrance Certificate
You must know about the fee structure to get the Encumbrance Certificate before you start the process to download Encumbrance Certificate. There are two categories in this and below are the details.
- If the applicant is less than equal to 30 years in age, the fee of getting the Encumbrance Certificate is Rs 200 + Taxes
- If the applicant is over 30 years old, the fee is Rs 500 + applicable Taxes.
Application Registration Process for Getting Encumbrance Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
Follow the steps listed below to get Encumbrance Certificate in Andhra Pradesh
- To start the procedure, you need to visit the Registration and Stamp Department Website for Andhra Pradesh. You can search for the website using Google or you can directly follow the link – http://www.registration.ap.gov.in/
- Once the homepage is displayed, you can click on Online EC from the right side of the page. This is listed under the Services Tab.
- On the next page, read the instructions and click on the Submit button. You will be redirected to a new page. Select the search criteria from the drop-down menu. We would suggest you to select ‘None’ if you don’t know the document number and memo Number.
- Now enter the details of the building and other such details and click on Submit button. The portal will now search for the correct Encumbrance Certificate. Follow the flow to get the Encumbrance Certificate.
- If you need a digital verified copy of Encumbrance Certificate, then you would have to pay the fee and the same will be made available for you.
This was the process to get the Encumbrance Certificate in Andhra Pradesh. It should be noted that with help of the online platform, you can get the certificate immediately.
If you wish to follow the offline procedure then you would have to visit the Registration and Stamp Department and the process is time-consuming. For any help or query, you can call on +91 211 063 59