Bangalore, often referred to as Silicon Valley of India is a land of opportunities. A lot of Engineers in India start their career from Bangalore and they end up settling down in Bangalore. Most of the people who come to Bangalore have a dream of owning a house in this beautiful city and this can surely come true with help of a loan. Today, it is not a big deal to own a house as the loan can help you in easily.
While you plan to purchase a house in Bangalore, remember to get the Encumbrance Certificate before you finalize the deal. You might not know about Encumbrance Certificate and hence let us tell you that Encumbrance Certificate provides the details of ownership of the house. This also tells you about the transactions that have happened on the house.
For example, if someone has an ongoing loan on the house, Encumbrance Certificate will give you information about it. This will also tell you about the owner of the house. With help of all these details, you can ensure that the deal is transparent. Now, the purpose of writing this article is to tell you about the procedure to download the Encumbrance Certificate Online.
Before we share the process, we will tell you about the fee structure and we would also like to tell you about the fact that you can use this process to download the Encumbrance Certificate of any property in Karnataka.
Fee for Obtaining Encumbrance Certificate
There is a certain fee for getting the Encumbrance Certificate. In Karnataka, the application fee is Rs 5 and in addition to this, the applicant needs to pay Rs 30 for the search for the first year. For every subsequent year, the applicant needs to pay Rs 10 per year.
For example, if the applicant wants to Encumbrance Certificate for 5 years then the fee that he would have to pay is Rs 5 (Application Fee) + Rs 30 (First Year) + Rs 40 (Next 4 Years). All this sums up to Rs 75.
Application Registration Process for Getting Encumbrance Certificate in Bangalore
Let us now look at the procedure to download Encumbrance Certificate in Bangalore via Online Method. Below is the process
- Visit the Registration and Department of Stamp and Registration Karnataka Website. The link for the website is https://kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in/
- If you do not have an account on this portal then click on Register as a new User and complete the registration. If you already have an account then you can skip this step.
- Login to the portal and click on Online EC. This will take you to a new page where the search fields will be displayed.
- Search for the document using the criteria that you wish to. This will display the indexed information. You can now check the information on Encumbrance Certificate and request a digitally signed copy as well.
- After requesting the Digitally Signed Copy of Encumbrance Certificate, you will be prompted to make the payment. Use an online method to make the payment.
- Once the payment is processed, you will be able to download the Encumbrance Certificate immediately. This is a print-friendly version and hence you can use it even to apply for a loan on a property.
This was all about Encumbrance Certificate. It should be noted that if you are purchasing a house with new construction then you might get a Nil Encumbrance Certificate. There is nothing to worry about as this means that there had been no transaction on this property.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.