During the past few years, the Indian Government has been making Aadhar card an essential identification document for Indian citizens, however, it has not been made mandatory to have an Aadhar card but, certain transaction, subsidies, tax return, and investing in a financial institution requires Aadhar card as a mandatory document. So, within a few years, most of the government as well as other sector institutions might make Aadhar card mandatory to avail their services and offers.
What exactly is an Aadhar card? For the people who still don’t know, it a just a card with a 12-digit unique number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). The Aadhar card is more advanced than any other present identification documents. An Aadhar card 12-digit number has all the details of a cardholder stored in it. These details currently include address, date of birth, fingerprints, Iris scan etc. Afew months back the government of India has made linking mobile number to Aadhar card mandatory. The deadline was scheduled to be in December by under certain circumstances the date has been extended to March 31st, 2018.
One of the most concerning issues faced by the UIDAI was that there were lots of complaints and grievances on issued Aadhar card having wrong details/information’s recorded and printed on it. So, they have provided two options to the cardholders to update the details online and through Aadhar enrolment Kendra or Seva Kendra.
There are two ways to update your Aadhar card details today.
- Online method
- Offline method
An online method has some simple steps like the user or the cardholder has to fill in some details for verification and the website would send an OTP (One-Time Password) to your registered mobile number and the website would request the cardholder to enter the OTP. Once this verification process is successfully completed, the Aadhar card details can be updated without any difficulties.
Offline method (without registered mobile number)
This method is best useful to cardholders who still do not have an Aadhar registered mobile number and these types of cardholders cannot perform any kind of updating Aadhar card voluntarily.
- The cardholder should visit the nearest Aadhar center and ask for the Aadhar correction form.
- Fill in the form and submit the form along with the identity proofs like voters ID, passport, PAN card, etc. and also the user has to submit the old Aadhar card copy.
- The cardholder also has to provide a mobile number to the Aadhar center staff, and this number would be added to the Aadhar card as the registered mobile number.
- Now, the Aadhar center staff would ask you to follow certain procedures like recording thumb impression/iris scan for verification purpose.
- Once all the above procedures are completed successfully, the staff would issue an acknowledgement slip and the mobile number provided would be registered within a week.
Ps: Even though you can update the details through offline method, the cardholder has to submit a mobile number to the Aadhar center and this number would be recorded on the Aadhar card and server as the card holder’s Aadhar registered mobile number.
There is no other way a cardholder can update his/her details on an Aadhar card without a mobile number.
Hope this article helped you.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.