Oriental Bank of Commerce is one of the leading banks of India and offers modern banking services to its customers. The bank offers internet banking, mobile banking, credit cards, debit cards and other kinds of banking services. The account holders of OBC can avail the internet banking service offered by the bank.
There are many benefits of having a net banking account such as safe and secure fund transfers, online bill payment, creating demand drafts and many more.
In order to be eligible to register with the net banking facility of OBC, the following conditions must be met.
- The person must be an account holder with OBC.
- The person must have a mobile number.
- The mobile number must be linked with the bank account.
- The person must possess a valid OBC debit card.
Steps to register for online internet banking
These are the simple online steps to register for Oriental Bank of Commerce net banking service.
- Launch the web browser and visit the official website of OBC which is https://www.obconline.co.in
- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Self-User Creation” tab.
- A new webpage titled “Online User Registration” opens. On this page, the customer needs to enter his/her account number, PAN card number and the date of birth. Thereafter, “View and Transaction” needs to be selected from the “Type of Facility” menu followed by clicking on “Verify” button.
- On the next page, the mobile number linked with the account needs to be typed by the customer in the given field followed by clicking on “Generate OTP” button. An OTP is received on the mobile number. The OTP needs to be entered in the box followed by clicking on “Continue” button.
- A new webpage opens where the customer needs to enter various details correctly. Debit Card Number, ATM PIN, Expiry Date and Account Number are the details that need to be entered. Thereafter, the “Continue” button needs to be clicked to proceed.
- The next page contains the Customer ID. This is the user id that the customer needs to use to log in to his/her net banking account. On this page, the customer needs to type a password to log in to the account. The password needs to be retyped to confirm. Transaction password must also be typed twice. Thereafter, the customer needs to click on the box adjacent to “I Accept Terms and Conditions” to tick it followed by clicking on “Complete Registration” button.
- A message conveying successful registration will appear on the screen.
Steps to activate net banking account
- Visit the official website of OBC as mentioned above and go to “User Login” page.
- Type the user id and the password that was created during the registration process. Click on “Login”.
- Select an image on the next page and type any word in the box. Tick mark “I Accept Terms and Conditions” and click on “Update” button.
- On the next page, type the old password, new password and the new password again in the respective fields. Thereafter, click on “OK” button.
- The message “Password Changed Successfully” comes displayed on the screen.
The customer needs to use the User ID and the new password to login to the OBC net banking account every time.
These are simple online steps for OBC internet banking registration. The steps must be followed correctly. Online process is much better than visiting the bank branch for net banking registration.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.