Acquiring a seat in a JNV requires hard, systematic and careful work. The admissions to JNV are limited to 80 best students to each class in every JNV’s across the country. It is mandatory that the student should appear for the JNV selection test and score good marks. With these being told, not all students are eligible for applying for acquiring a seat in JNV. Here are the eligibility criteria, things to remember, and the procedure to apply for an admission in JNV.
- The applicant student should be from a government recognised school.
- The applicant should have an age between 9-13 years
- To avail rural quotas in JNV, the applicant should be from a government recognised rural school.
- The student should not have appeared for the JNVST before.
Important things to remember
- The JNVST cannot be attended two times, every applicant will have only one chance and a 2nd chance will not be provided under any circumstances
- The student should submit the application before the deadline and acquire the admit card to attend the JNVST. No applicant will be allowed to attend the JNVST without a valid admit card.
- Exam center allotted by the board will not be changed under any circumstances; the student does not have the option to request a change of exam center.
- The applicant should submit SC or ST certificate from the concerned authority if he/she belongs to these castes.
- Students when promoted to class 9th in a Hindi speaking state might have to migrate to another state JNV institution for a period of 1 academic year, and in case the student refuses to migrate, the school can expel you.
PS: – These documents have to be submitted once the applicant qualifies the JNVST. Under no circumstances, the admission will be available without these documents.
- Residence Certificate
- Age proof
- If applying for rural quota, the applicant should submit a document that proves that he/she is from an institution located in a rural area(notified)
- Proof eligibility as mentioned by the NVS
- The applicant is bound to submit any and every document if requested by the authority.
Apply for JNVST and the admission procedure.
- Application for JNV selection test and admission procedure has a systematic and carefully laid procedure designed and supported by the board.
- The application process for JNVST is simplified through online method.
- The student has to submit all the documents as mentioned in the documents required section.
- There are two modes that can be used to submit the application
- Offline method
- Online method
- Offline method – The applicant should download the form from the official website or personally from the Principal Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Headmaster any govt/govt-aided schools, DEO, BEO, fill in the form and submit the form to the Principal of the JNV in their districts and acquire the acknowledgment slip.
- Online method–The applicant should download the application form from the official website orpersonally from the Principal Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Headmaster any govt/govt-aided schools, DEO, BEO, fill in the form carefully and then submit the form to the nearest Common Service Center of Ministry of IT. The common Service Center will charge an amount of INR 35 for the services provided. The application form submitted will be uploaded to the server by the Common Service Center and an acknowledgment slip will be provided in the end.
The form should be filled in carefully and submitted at before the deadline, the board will not allow any extension under any circumstances.
All the details mentioned above were collected from several websites and from the prospectus published by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Hope this article helped you.