Central Bank of India is a nationalized bank that was incepted in 1911. The headquarters of the bank is based in Mumbai. The bank has a large customer base, and the bank is quite popular in rural and urban India. Since it offers wide umbrella services, the bank has a lot to offer. The Central Bank of India is not the central banking agency of the country, but that is the Reserve Bank of India. So, please don’t confuse the two.
We get a lot of requests from people who would like to know about the process of registering or changing their mobile numbers for their Central Bank of India accounts. Today, we are going to share the detailed process for the same. Before we move any further, please note that the Central Bank of India doesn’t allow you to register or change your mobile number through online banking. The mobile number is usually highly confidential information, and to prevent fraud, the bank has limited methods to avail of this service.
Steps to Register Mobile Number in Central Bank of India
In most cases, the Central Bank of India will ask you to provide a mobile number when you open an account. However, if you have an old account, then it is possible that your mobile number was not registered. Presently, there are two ways to register your mobile number. One of the ways is using the ATM and the second method is by a physical visit to the bank. Check out more details in the sections below.
- To avail of this service, you can visit the nearest Central Bank of India branch. It is not necessary to visit the home branch. Don’t forget to carry your Aadhaar card or any other address proof.
- Request for a Re-KYC form to register your mobile number. You can also use the same to update your address or mobile number.
- Fill in the details and ensure that you mark the correct information on the form. You also need to sign the form and attach a self-attested copy of your ID proof.
- Once that is done, you can submit the form to the banking counter. The executive will review your form and process it.
- Post this; the mobile number will be registered for the Central Bank of India Account. You will then be able to avail of various services requiring a mobile number.
- If you would like to register your mobile number using the ATM, visit the Central Bank of India ATM. Please note that you won’t be able to register using any other ATM.
- Insert your card and enter your ATM Pin. Once that is done, click on the Others option on the ATM Screen.
- You will now see an option for mobile number registration. Enter your mobile number and click confirm button.
- Once the transaction is complete, the mobile number will be registered.
This is how you can register or update your mobile number for your Central Bank of India account. If you face any issues, you can reach out to them at 1800 22 1911. Customer service is available 24×7, and they are very prompt with the help they offer.