Behind the success of any war, there is a contribution of lots of people, departments and officers. Among all backbones, the Indian Ordnance Factory is the major one. It was established in 1954 as the Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS). It is an ancient and largest industrial structure specially established to manufacture defence equipment and hardware. The Indian Ordnance Factory is regulated by the Ministry of Defence and counts in the Department of Defence Production. The main aim of this department is to provide self-made armed force equipment which is used on the battlefield. However, it works in various terms like Testing, Producing, Logistics, Research, Manufacturing, Advance Technologies, Quality Control, Industrial Relations, Supply Management, Labour Welfare etc.
Thus, to join Ordnance factory Service; you have to clear the UPSC civil service exam. Job in Indian Ordnance factory is one of the Groups A services, almost similar to government service. A lot of benefits and perks will be offered to candidates during their jobs. Here, four methods are followed to recruited officers:
- Clear Civil Service Exam or,
- Clear Engineering Services Exam
- Personal Interview Round
- Last is Promotions
The best thing about this career path is that it offers two different positions to candidates namely – Technical Position and Non-Technical Position. The non-technical students will select through the civil service exam and for a technical position, candidates will select through the engineering service exam. On successful qualification of the exam, shortlisted candidates will appoint to the management of the Indian Ordnance Factory. Candidates will contribute themselves in the production of battlefield equipment like bombs, missiles, shells, and bullets and among others.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Ordnance Factory Service:
Before appearing for the exam, the candidate should meet some eligibility criteria. He or she should fulfil all eligibility requirements. Let’s have a look:
- For Non-ITI Category – The students should have cleared their 10th or equivalent examination from any recognized board. He or she should secure at least 50% of marks in this exam.
- For ITT Category – Aspirants required to clear Trade test before appearing for ITT category OFS exam. The test should be qualify from any institute which is recognized by NCVT or SCVT.
- The minimum age is 15 years.
- The maximum age is 24 years.
What is the Selection Procedure of OFB?
The trainees are selected through a relevant procedure that is below mentioned:
- First Stage – Written Examination
- Final Stage – Interview Round
For reaching the interview round, candidates have to clear the written examination.
How can apply?
Candidates can either apply online or offline for OFB Posts:
- Open official website of OFB – gov.in
- Click on the official link (Advertisement for engagement of Trade Trainees).
- Tap on the register option and create a User ID and password using an E-mail or valid phone number.
- After registering, click on login to fill the application form.
- Mention all require details.
- Upload required documents.
- Make payment and click on submit option.
Take a print of your application form for future purposes.