Aadhaar Card and Net Banking are two things which have made things really easy for us. They have made it possible for us to transact while sitting at home or even when we are on go. Aadhaar Card has made it possible to complete the KYC in one easy step. Do you know that you can also e-verify Income Tax Returns with help of Net Banking or Aadhaar Card?
We are sure that you were not aware of the fact that it is possible to e-verify your income tax returns using the Aadhaar card or the net banking and that is why, in this article, we have listed the process to check the process for you. This process has eliminated the traditional process of sending the 1-page verification letter to the Income Tax Department. It not only saves time but it also saves the frustration of visiting the post office and standing in a queue to get the job done.
Let us now look at both the ways to e-verify the Income Tax Return one by one.
Steps to e-verify Income Tax Returns via Aadhaar Card
It is quite easy to e-verify the Income Tax Returns with help of Aadhaar card. The only pre-requisite here is that your PAN Card should be linked to the Aadhaar card. Here is how you can e-verify the returns.
- To start the process, you need to visit the e-filing website. The URL to the website is https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- On the website, click on Login Here and you will be redirected to a page where you can login to your account. Enter your PAN Number, Password, Date of birth along with the Captcha Code to login to the account.
- In this step, you can upload the Income Tax Return document with help of the page. You can do this by clicking on My Accounts and then selecting e-Verify Returns.
- After the last step, you will see many options to e-verify the ITR. From all the options available, you can select ‘I would like to Generate Aadhaar OTP to e-verify my return’.
- Once you select the option listed above, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number. Enter the OTP number and your ITR will be validated. Post validation, an acknowledgement will be generated and you can keep this safely for future reference.
Steps to e-verify Income Tax Returns via Net Banking
It is also possible to e-verify the income tax return with help of the net banking. The process may vary from one bank to another but we have listed a generalized process for your help.
- You can visit your bank’s website to start the process of e-verification for with the net banking. Once you are on the bank’s website, login to your account using the User Name and Password.
- Somewhere on the dashboard, you will notice a link for the e-taxes or Direct Taxes. In most of the cases, the link is placed under the heading for Services. Once you select the option, you will see different items under the direct tax.
- Click on Login to e-filing or Login to e-verify from these options displayed and the next page will display your account number and other details. Ensure that the details are correct and click on the verify
- An OTP request will be triggered once you click on the verify Enter the OTP and validate the OTP after you receive the OTP. This will take you to the e-filing portal.
- From the income tax portal, click on My Account and select e-verify returns. A line item will be displayed which will have the details of the ITR that is pending verification. On the right side of the page, there will be a link for e-verify. Click on it to move to the next step.
- A pop-up message will be displayed and you need to click on the Continue button to verify the ITR. Once you click on the continue button, the ITR will be verified and an acknowledgment letter will be generated for you.
These were the two processes to verify the Income Tax Return. You must get in touch with the bank if you are facing issue during the e-verification with help of net banking. For any discrepancy in the ITR, you can reach out to the income tax department to seek clarifications.
Also Read: How to Check My Income Tax Refund Status?