We can’t always help when our skin misbehaves right before an important event, outing, or even an important office meeting! The way our skin looks can seriously affect our confidence, especially when we want it to look flawless. It sounds silly not to feel confident because your skin is acting up or suffer from acne, melasma, or other skin conditions. We understand how upsetting it can be.
Foundation is the easiest way to cover up an uneven skin tone. While you don’t need to have clear skin to feel confident or beautiful, sometimes we need that extra push to feel good, and that’s okay! We’re here to help you correctly use foundation creams to correct your uneven complexion.
Why use a foundation?
A foundation is the easiest, most affordable way to achieve flawless skin instantly. It can transform your skin and bring back its radiance even on its worst days. It is a makeup product that also provides hydration and protects your skin from harmful sun rays.
Now, of course, before applying the foundation makeup stick or lotion, you need to use any serum, like Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum, Lakme Absolute Hydra Pro Serum and moisturiser and primer to prep the skin. So, now, if you’re confused about how to use foundation correctly, don’t worry! Just keep reading!
There are mainly three types of foundation.
Liquid foundation All skin types can use these products. However, to apply it like a pro, learn to apply it with a makeup sponge. It is easier to apply this foundation type with a sponge than with a foundation brush.
- The first step, always, must be prepping your skin. Start with clean skin, use a light moisturiser and a primer and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use some water or a setting spray to dampen your sponge. Next, take some foundation on the back of your hand.
- Pick a little bit of the foundation with the broader end of your sponge and start applying it to the centre of your face.
- Start blending out the foundation well, use a stippling or bouncing motion. For your nose or under the eyes, use the narrower end of the sponge in the same motion as the surface area is smaller.
- One tip from us is to use a setting powder or a setting spray to enhance its longevity.
Loose/Mineral powder foundations are usually best for people with a combination of oily skin. However, they are also beneficial if you have acne or sensitive skin. They typically contain extremely mild ingredients that won’t trigger your acne.
- The best tool to use this type of foundation is a kabuki brush; it’s the best to pick up this product and blend it into your skin. You could also try a round brush or any other kind of foundation brush. You mostly get natural coverage with this foundation.
- Prep your face as mentioned above! It is always the most crucial step!
- Tap a little bit of the foundation from the jar onto the lid. Then, swirl your brush around to get a bit of the product.
- Take very little because you need very little. Then, you can tap off the excess and always use more if you need.
- Use your brush to apply the foundation to apply the product onto the larger areas of your face.
- Buff the product into your skin using circular motions. Concentrate on one area first to make sure it’s completely blended in. Next, swirl the brush around your hairline or jawline to ensure there aren’t any sharp demarcations.
- If you need extra coverage in any area, you can always use more products to increase the range.
Pressed powder foundations are highly similar to loose powder foundations. Ideal for normal to dry skin types, and you can use the same brushes to apply them. The only difference is that you should apply concealer before applying this foundation. Another difference is the blending technique. Use a patting motion instead of a buffing one.
There are a few other things you should remember, which are:
- Get a foundation that matches your skin tone and the undertone of your skin.
- Even if your foundation comes with an advertised SPF, remember that it is usually too low to protect your skin.
- It would help if you took care of the amount of foundation to use. Also, use an adequate amount of proper sunscreen before applying your primer and foundation.
We hope to hear back from you about which foundation is helping you achieve flawless skin!