Tamil Nadu is located in the southern part of India and it has cities like Chennai which are basically the economic lifeline of the state. The state is not only known for opportunities but there are a lot of reputed educational institutes in the state. Because of all these factors, a lot of people wish to invest in real estate in Tamil Nadu
One golden rule for investing anywhere in the country is to carry out the due diligence to ensure that the deal is transparent and free of any hidden surprises. For this, we would recommend you to check the Encumbrance Certificate of the property that you are purchasing. Earlier, people had to visit the Department of Registration to seek these details but to protect the interest of investors, the government has made these services available online for the people.
In this article, we have listed the process to download the Encumbrance Certificate in Tamil Nadu and there is no fee to download the same. You can download the certificate instantaneously and this can help you in obtaining a loan as well. The Encumbrance Certificate is generated in PDF and let us now look at the procedure to download one.
Application Registration Process for Getting Encumbrance Certificate in Tamil Nadu
Here is the online process for getting the Encumbrance Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu. Follow the process and you will be able to download it easily.
- You need to visit the website for the Registration Department in Tamil Nadu. The official website for this department is https://tnreginet.gov.in/
- Once you are on the website, you can click on E-Services and select Encumbrance Certificate and click on View EC. This will take you to a new page where you can start finding the certificate from
- On top of the page, you will notice the radio buttons. Select EC from the button, enter the Zone, District, Sub Registrar office, EC Start Date, EC End Date in the first section.
- In the second section, enter the survey details and click on Add Button. Now, click on the search button after entering the Captcha Code.
- Once the records are found, the certificate will be downloaded automatically on your system. This will be downloaded in a PDF Format and you can use this certificate as per your requirements.
This was all about getting the Encumbrance Certificate in Tamil Nadu. If you face any difficulties or if you have any query, you can reach out to the helpdesk for the registration department in Tamil Nadu.
The contact number for the helpdesk is 1800 102 5174 and the helpdesk is functional from 8AM to 8PM on all working days. Also, the timings for the helpdesk on all Saturday is 10AM to 5 PM.