If you are an Indian citizen and wish to visit Dubai, you might want to find out if you need a Dubai visa or if you can get a Dubai visa on arrival.
Well, to answer those questions and many others, I have created this blog.
Let me not take too much of your time and get straight to it:
Dubai Visa Requirements for Tourists and Procedures for Applying
To start with the blog, let me first provide you information on what you would need and what are some ways you can apply for your Dubai visa for Indians.
So, in this section, we will be looking at the following questions:
- Do Indians Need a Dubai Visa?
- Can I Apply for Dubai on Arrival Visa for Indians?
- What Are the Dubai Visa Requirements for Indians?
- What Are Some Ways to Apply for A Dubai Visa?
Do Indians Need a Dubai Visa?
Yes. A Dubai visa is necessary for an Indian national to travel to the UAE.
And as you guessed, without a Dubai visa, you cannot travel to the country, nor will you be able to board your flight.
This means that whether you are planning to visit Dubai for tourism, business, or simply to visit friends or family, you will need a tourist visa.
So, to ease your worries, I have included a section in this blog that will explain how you can apply for a visa before your trip to Dubai. Keep reading to find out more.
Can I Apply for Dubai on Arrival Visa for Indians?
Yes. However, a Dubai visa on arrival (VOA) is not available to all Indian nationals since only eligible Indian passport holders can apply for it.
So, who can apply for a Dubai visa on arrival?
Well, let me show you the eligibility criteria for a Dubai VOA for Indians:
- You must have a valid Indian Passport
- Must have a valid visa for the US
- Or have a green card for the US
- Or have a Schengen EU, or UK residence visa
- Lastly, the US, UK, or the EU must be valid for at least 6 months upon arrival
You can read this in-depth blog to find out how you can apply for your visa for Dubai upon arrival!
What are the Dubai Visa Requirements for Indians?
It is crucial that you have all the necessary documents and understand the visa requirements to ensure that your application is successful.
So, to be eligible to apply for a Dubai tourist visa, you must have the following documents:
- An Indian passport that is valid for at least 6 months
- Two passport-size photographs in color and on a white background
- Your travel itineraries such as a return flight ticket and hotel booking
- A travel insurance for your trip to Dubai
- Proof of funds, such as 3 months’ bank statements, pay slips, etc.
But remember, if you are applying for your visa online, I suggest you scan and keep digital copies of the required documents on your computer. This will help in case you need to upload any documents on the visa application website.
What Are Some Ways to Apply for A Dubai Visa?
Dubai offers many different types of visas for those seeking to enter the country for business, pleasure, or other reasons.
The most common ways to apply for a Dubai visa are as follows:
- Apply for your Dubai visa Online from India
- Apply for your visa through Airlines
- Apply for your visa through hotels
- Apply through the Dubai Visa Processing Center
- Apply through a Registered Travel Agent
- Apply for a visa through Government Portals
How Can You Apply for A Visa Online in Dubai?
The process of applying for a Dubai visa for Indians is relatively simple, especially if you are applying online.
But first, let’s discuss the ways you can apply for a tourist visa online:
- You can apply for your Dubai tourist visa using apps such as Atlys
- You can apply for a Dubai visa online from India through the Dubai Visa Processing Center
- Some airlines also provide you with an option to apply for a Dubai visa online
- If you have friends or relatives in Dubai, they can apply for a visa on your behalf on the Identity and Citizenship (ICA) eChannels portal or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA)
So, to apply for your visa online you need to follow the below-mentioned visa process for Dubai:
- You must start by gathering all the required documents for the visa application.
- Choose the visa type that you need depending on the purpose of the visit and how long you need to stay in the country.
- You must also decide what would be the best way for you to apply for your visa online.
- Once you have done that, you must visit the website and start by filling out an online application form.
- You will need to provide your personal, passport, and travel details and upload the necessary documents.
- After you submit the visa application and the required documents, you must pay the cost of a Dubai visa from India and wait for your visa to be processed.
- Once your visa is approved, you will be able to travel to Dubai and enjoy all that the city has to offer!
! The Easiest Way to Apply for the Dubai Tourist Visa for Indians
How To Fill Out a Visa Application in Dubai?
Filling out the visa application form for a Dubai visa is quite straightforward.
So here are a few things that I would like to point out when you fill in the form, such as:
- You must fill out the form in Block and Capital letters
- Provide personal details, passport details, the purpose of the visit, etc.
- You must have a Contact in UAE with their name, relationship, and address
- Make sure the information is all correct and the form is duly completed
- Attach all the required documents corresponding to the visit and stay
- Lastly, tick the declaration boxes and sign the form
Whether you are filling out the visa application form online or on paper, you must always provide correct and truthful information. Also, understand that your visa application can get rejected if there is any incorrect information on the form.
What Else Should I Know About the Visa Process?
Now you know pretty much everything about visa requirements and the application process for a Dubai tourist visa.
So lastly, let me give you some additional information that will help you when applying for your visa, such as:
- What Are Some Types of Dubai Visa for Indians?
- What Is the Dubai Visa Fees for Indians?
- What Is the Dubai Visa Processing Times?
- What Is the Validity of a Dubai Visa?
- Can I Extend My Visa for Dubai?
What Are Some Types of Dubai Visa for Indians?
There are different types of visas available, and the type of visa you need depends on the purpose of your visit.
For example, if you are traveling for business purposes, you will need to apply for a business visa; for tourism purposes, you will need a tourist visa; and for work purposes, a work visa.
In addition to these visa types, there are several others, such as:
- Dubai Tourist Visa
- Dubai Business Visa
- Dubai Visit Visa
- Dubai Work Visa
- Dubai Transit Visa
- Dubai Freelance Visa
- Dubai Golden Visa
- Dubai Visa On Arrival
What Is the Dubai Visa Fees for Indians?
Depending on the visa type, the way you apply, and its validity, India to Dubai visa fees differ widely.
So, you can expect to pay approximately between INR 6390 to INR 37545 for a Dubai visa price for Indians, depending on how you apply for it. But remember that the visa price could be more than what is mentioned here.
What Is the Dubai Visa Processing Times?
When you apply online, the visa processing time is usually less than when applying in person. So generally, the visa process takes between 3 to 5 working days excluding weekends and public holidays.
What Is the Validity of a Dubai Visa?
When applying for a Dubai visa, you can expect the visa to be valid for a single entry or multiple entries. And you can choose a stay period of 30 to 90 days in the country.
Here a single-entry visa allows you to enter the country once for the allowed stay period during its validity. Whereas a multiple-entry visa allows you to enter and leave the country multiple times during the validity of the visa.
Can I Extend My Visa for Dubai?
Fortunately, the answer to this question is yes!
Yes, Indian citizens can extend their visa for additional 30 days before the visa expires while in Dubai. And you can extend your visa twice while you are in the country. To extend your visa, you must expect to pay an AED 600 extension fee.
That Is Everything You Need to Know About the Visa Application Process
There you have it!
You now know everything you need to know about the visa application process. It’s simple, straightforward, and easy to do.
Just remember to stay organized, start the process early, and have all your documents for the visa application. With a little bit of planning, you’ll be on your way to your dream destination in no time.
Good luck with your travels!