The richness of India’s history makes for a great read. There’s much for a history enthusiastic to dwell upon in the ancient past of India. The vast nature of its great accolades and achievement in the past provides much more of an ergonomic stature to it.
The lands of India is a birthplace of many scholars and great people in the celebrated history of India. There have been numerous philosophers, mathematicians, historians, economists and more over the years.
Today we’ll look to shed light onto one such ancient great ‘Chanakya’ on our blog. Chanakya, the man credited with the Arthashastra, Chanakya Neeti and Neetishastra. If you’re thinking what that means then it’s an anecdote on economics, politics and bureaucracy.
So shall we move along then?
10) Born into scholar’s home
- Chanakya’s father, Acharya Chanak was a teacher and a revered scholar himself. His father was one part of the Takshila University and the nation’s trust funds.
- His father involved him in the education from a very early age.
Read Also: 10 Greatest Indian Kings Ever
9) Started out as a teacher
- Chanakya started as a teacher in the Takshila University. Takshila University was a pioneer in education and information around the nation.
- Many subjects were taught in the university that ranged from science, commerce, astronomy, geography and more.
8) Multi-dimensional strategist
- Having been educated at the Takshila University, he was exposed to different strategies and studies from an early age. He has a nous to find solutions to every problem on theboard.
- He was a successful strategist who devised multiple techniques and tricks of the trade to counter any situation.
7) Also known as Vishnugupta and Kautilya
- Chanakya was also known by the name of Vishnugupta and Kautilya. Kautilya was derived from his gotra’s name ‘Kotil’.
6) The dethrone of Nanda King
- His proposal to secure the borders of the nation against any future attacks were met with scathing attacks on his personality.
- After the annihilation by the Dhanananda, Nanda King, he sought out revenge on his part. He even openly admitted dethroning the king.
5) Trained Chandragupta
- After the open challenge to dethrone the Nanda king, he sought out the perfect student for his ambition.
- He met with Chandragupta Maurya, a kid with fierce desire and ability. He trained him in every aspect of the life and ruling.
- It’s a testament to Chanakya that he trained Chandragupta Maurya to be one of the greatest rulers at the young age of 19.
4) A keen learner
- Chanakya was born into a Brahmin family. His father was a teacher himself. As such, he inbred the importance of education in his son. Chanakya was a keen learner of political studies alongside Vedas.
- He also had knowledge of medicine and astrology.
3) Pioneer of economics and politics
- Chanakya developed the reference for economists in the form of ‘Arthashastra’. He conceptualized the theory of economics and trade within the nation.
- His reference toeconomy is still revered to this day. He is credited with being the pioneer in the development of finance and administration.
- Apart from the economics, he also devised Chanakya Neeti as the reference point for politics and Neetishastra as the reference for bureaucracy.
2) Acted as an administrator of Pataliputra
- Chanakya acted as the administrator of the biggest empire in He helped Chandragupta Maurya in the unification process of the nation and stayed as the mastermind behind the handling of the matters of the nation.
1) Had a part in the fall of Alexander’s army
- Chanakya devised plans to stop the advancing army of Alexander in the invading of the kingdom of India. He used different tricks to counter their growing stature.
- He used the infamous ‘Vishkanyas’ to infiltrate the ranks of Alexander’s army.
So that’s all from us on the famous think-tank of the ancient India whose merits still lay claim to this modern day. His methodology and references are still followed as of today. Truly one of the visionary of his time who could find solutions to any problems laying within.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.