The omnipresent finest actress of the mainstream Bollywood, Vidya Balan is one of a few to garner rave reviews with almost all her performances. Her flawless performances mark a vivid difference to that of other big-time players. It’s why we’re presenting you the ‘Top Ten Best Movies of Vidya Balan of All Time’ via this blog today.
Nobody quite envisioned the journey when she first stepped on the plate with her debut Bengali drama film, ‘Bhalo Theko’. Well, here she is atop on the list of female achievers from Bollywood with accolades of a National Award, five Filmfare Awards and more.
She has amassed numerous hits over the time and fares better amongst her peers. We’ll be looking at her best movies down here encompassed within a list.
Shall we tune in for the list, then?
10) Shaadi Ke Side Effects (2014)
- This one was a romantic comedy film directed by Saket Chaudhary and starred Farhan Akhtar alongside Vidya Balan in the leads.
- The movie was a sequel to the Pyar Ke Side Effects (2006).
- It had a storyline featuring a young couple and their transition into life after marriage.
9) Guru (2007)
- A biographical drama film based on the life of Dhirubhai Ambani, this was much loved about.
- It fared well at the box office and had an overwhelming response.
- The movie featured Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Mithun Chakraborty, R. Madhavan and Vidya Balan in major roles.
- It was co-written and directed by Mani Ratnam.
8) Bhool Bhulaiya (2007)
- A comedy horror film by Priyadarshan, this one was a remake of a Malayalam movie featuring Mohanlal. The movie was made into several remakes all throughout the Indian movie arena.
- It had Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Ciney Ahuja and Ameesha Patel in the leads.
- The movie revolved around the story of protagonist suffering from a disassociating identity disorder.
- The movie was a commercial success.
7) Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)
- A movie by Rajkumar Hirani, this one was themed on comedy-drama and was made as a sequel to Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003).
- The movie promoted Gandhigiri, a form of non-violence to solve one’s problem.
- The movie was a commercial and critical success with box office granting it a status quo of ablockbuster.
- The movie had Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan, Boman Irani, Jimmy Shergill and more in pivotal roles.
6) No One Killed Jessica (2011)
- This was a biographical thriller movie based on the storyline of Jessica Lal Murder Case.
- It was directed by Rajkumar Gupta and featured Vidya Balan and Rani Mukherjee in the leads.
- The movie had commercial and critical success and earned four nominations at the Filmfare Awards.
5) Parineeta (2005)
- The first instance of Vidya Balan stepping into the Bollywood realms, this one was based on the novel of the same name by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay.
- It was directed by Pradeep Sarkar and featured Vidya Balan, Sanjay Dutt and Saif Ali Khan in the leads.
- The movie received critical acclaim and garnered the accolade of ‘Best First Film’ at the National Film Awards for the director.
4) Paa (2009)
- A comedy-drama film by R. Balki, this one remains famed for the role played by Amitabh Bachchan as a sufferer from rare genetic condition progeria.
- The movie featured Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan in leads apart from Amitabh Bachchan.
- The movie fared well at the box office and at the critics review meter.
- It earned Amitabh Bachchan the accolades of National Award for Best Actor and Filmfare Best Actor Award while Vidya Balan earned her first Filmfare Best Actress Award.
3) Ishqiya (2010)
- This one was a black comedy film directed by Abhishek Chaubey and featured Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi in the leads.
- The movie was acclaimed throughout for the story portrayal and acting skills of the three main leads.
- It later paved theway for the sequel titled Dedh Ishqiya.
2) The Dirty Picture (2011)
- This one was a biographical drama film based on the life of Silk Smitha, a South Indian actress famed for her erotic and bold roles.
- The movie had Vidya Balan, Naseeruddin Shah, Emraan Hashmi and Tushar Kapoor in the leads.
- It was directed by Mithun Luthria and was co-produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shoba Kapoor.
- The movie earned Vidya Balan the accolade of Best Actress at the National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards.
1) Kahaani (2012)
- A mystery thriller movie, this one was directed by Sujoy Ghosh.
- It had a cast of Vidya Balan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Parambrata Chatterjee and more.
- The movie featured a storyline of pregnant women in search of her husband.
- The movie was an instant hit and garnered great reception from all around.
- It later earned Vidya Balan the accolade of Best Actress at the Filmfare Awards.
What’s your views on these movies? Want to share them? Just ping back in the comment box and let us know.