Rishi Kapoor, an actor who wowed the crowd and masses alike with his romantic and comedy roles over the years is true, is someone of a great ilk to has graced the platforms of Bollywood.
His ageless transformation from a sidekick charming youth to a fine leading romantic chartbuster and to the modern day sleek comedy arbitrator is a journey that worth a watch.
Here’s a lookback at the 10 best movies of this fine hero. Go on, sit back and enjoy the timeless perennials from this persona.
10) Yeh Vaada Raha (1982)
- A movie that’s loosely a remake of I promise, this one featured music from Rd Burman, that were chartbusters at the time.
- The movie featured Rishi Kapoor, Tina Munim, Poonam Dhillon and more.
- Rishi Kapoor garnered immense praise for his character in the movie.
9) Nagina (1986)
- A movie based on the storyline of the shape-shifting venomous snake and the romantic synopsis based on the characters played by Rishi Kapoor and Sri Devi, this movie was a blockbuster at the time.
- It featured great performances from both the leads and were immensely loved by the crowd.
8) Kabhi Kabhi (1978)
- One of the most endearing movies of all time, this one has left marks on many viewers’ hearts.
- This one was one of the first multi-starrers for Rishi Kapoor.
- Although featuring a wide cast, you cannot help from not liking Rishi’s character.
7) Naseeb (1981)
- Naseeb was another of the multi-starrers movie in the career of Rishi Kapoor.
- It featured the golden combination of Rishi Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan on a plot of destiny and fate.
- This movie has been loved for many things, music being one of them.
6) Hum Kisi Se Kum Naheen (1977)
- This movie revolved around the story plot of a businessman, an underachiever, an heiress and a mobster.
- Rishi Kapoor was the definitive star of the movie for his portrayal of his character.
- The movie featured great background score from RD Burman with singers of the ilk, Kishore Kumar, Mohd Rafi, Asha Bhosle.
5) Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)
- Another one from the year 1977, this had the storyline of three brothers separated at the child age and united later on in the adult age.
- It ranks as one of the best movies of all time in Indian film industry.
- The wide cast of Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor and Vinod Khanna where all the actors earned immense praise for their skills.
4) Laila Majnu (1976)
- If anyone had a doubt on the Rishi Kapoor caliber, then they need to watch this movie asap.
- It is one of the best-dated performance of Rishi Kapoor and features him in the role of legendary lover.
- The pain, adversary and the depths of despair showcased the breathtaking ability of Rishi Kapoor.
3) Karz (1980)
- The ultimate professional performance of his career, this movie is a cult classic and a must watch for any movie followers.
- This movie made Rishi Kapoor, the real limelight of Bollywood.
- His personality depicting such charm and audacity was such pleasing to the eye.
- Spare a thought for people who went on to remake this one and bombed at the box office. Nothing quite original, Aye?
2) Bobby (1973)
- This movie featured the author backed role of heroine in the leads although Rishi Kapoor in his portrayal of a rich, introvert and neglected child of irresponsible rich parents can give a run for the money to Dimple Kapadia.
- This movie brought out the confident feel acting from Rishi Kapoor in his role.
1) Khel Khel Mein (1975)
- This was a college movie that made its mark even before the genre was started in the Bollywood.
- It has all the synopsis needed in a youth-centric movie i.e., love, fun, great music, good story, and a lovely couple.
- This movie featured Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh, Rakesh Roshan and Rd Burman in the music. A true classic movie that one needs to watch.
That’s the end of our list of top 10 best movies of Rishi Kapoor of all time. There are a lot of other movies of him that deserves an honorable mention apart from the above-mentioned ones like Bol Radha Bol, Aap Ke Deewane, Saagar, Chandni to name a few.