In India, power cuts and voltage fluctuations are common occurrences, which can disrupt daily life and cause inconvenience. To tackle this issue, many people opt for inverters to provide backup power during power cuts. However, with so many options available in the Indian market, it can be challenging to choose the best inverter for your needs. Here are some of the top inverter brands in India.
What is an Inverter?
An inverter is a DC powered device which intakes DC power and it is converted into AC power that we use for household purpose. This DC power comes either from battery or from solar. When you face any load shading problem this inverter supplies power and with this power you can run your electrical equipment. Due to frequent power cuts mainly in summer season demand for inverters in going on increasing. Apart from household purposes, inverters are also in high demand in financial institutions, government institutions, hospitals etc.
List of Top Inverter Brands in India
This article is for whom who want to know what are the top 10 best inverters or UPS Brands in India.
10. True Power
This home appliances and power electronics company is very popular in Indian market as it produces best quality and high featured inverters. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
Sine Wave Saphire 650VA, Sine wave Saphire 1100VA, Quasi Square Wave Signature 500VA, Quasi Square Wave Signature 875VA, High Capacity Sine Wave UPS Hulk Series 2.5KVA, High Capacity Sine Wave UPS Hulk Series 5KVA, Quasi Square Wave Kissan 250VA, Quasi Square Wave Kissan 400VA etc. All these products are available at reasonable rate.
Uniline occupies 9th position in this top 10 inverter brands list in India. Uniline Energy Systems Pvt Ltd is purely an India based company that produces complete power backup solutions like inverters, solar energy products, UPS, servo stabilizers, etc. All products are highly reliable and developed with high features. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
D Series High Power IGBT UPS, GIGALINE High Power UPS System, MAXILINE IGBT Online UPS SYSTEM, GREENLINE GLX 1 – 3 KVA Single Phase with Isolation, LEOPOWER SINEWAVE INVERTER etc. They are highly efficient, overload protection capacity, spike free system, automatic Boost, etc.
In case of power back-up solutions, Consul is a reliable name in Indian market. Some of the power back-up products from this company are transformers, inverters, voltage stabilizers, online UPS, and solar power products. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
Pelican 3000 Bi-Directional Inverter, Pelican 3000M Bi-Directional Inverter, ML 11T, Falcon 3000, Falcon 8000 etc.
Delta Power Solutions Pvt. Ltd also produces high quality inverters for general Indians. Company’s main products are EV Charging Stations, Inverters, Datacenter, UPS etc.
6. Swelect Energy Systems Limited
Swelect Energy Systems Limited occupies 6th rank in this list. This power product manufacturing company manufactures inverters, solar inverters, UPS, solar charge controller, etc.
Su-Kam is another popular inverter brand in Indian market. Su-Kam produces reliable inverters for household purposes as well as commercial uses. The company has more than 50 service centers in India. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
Pico, Torque HUPS / Inverter, Cosmic HUPS / Inverter, Frendy i HUPS / Inverter, Micron HUPS / Inverter, Chic HUPS / Inverter etc.
Genus Power Infrastructure Limited produces a complete range of power back-up solution for Indians. Genus uses high-end technology for inverters, Static UPS, premier quality batteries, Home and Static UPS etc. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
Sine wave single phase inverter, Sine wave three phase inverter, Proton home UPS, Proton Q, Home-UPS etc.
3. Birla Power Inverter
Birla Power Solutions Ltd inverters or BPSL inverters designed with high tech. digital circuit that offers 500VA, 700VA & 1500VA capacity inverters for faster response and protection. Key Features include 1.Digital Circuit, 2.MOSFET-PWM technology, 3.Smart & User Friendly & Easy to Operate, 4.Instant Switch over, 5.Auto Scan and Auto Reset, 6.Quick Charge & Safety of Battery etc. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
EPG 600, EPG 1500 Easy, EPG 800 Sinewave, EPG 800 Easy etc.
Microtek is one of the oldest brands in Indian power back-up market. Microtek produces high quality durable inverters in 3 different ranges- 1.SOHO digital inverters, 2.Hi-end sine wave inverters and 3.SOHO Sine Wave Inverters. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
SOHO Digital Inverters-2.5KVA/36V, SOHO Sinewave Inverters-2.2KVA/36V, SOHO Hi-End Inverters-5.5KVA/96V etc.
Luminous produces high quality UPS/inverter with features like- faster battery charging facility; enhance battery life, advanced battery management, negligible battery-water loss, battery deep-discharge reset option etc. Some of the best quality products from this company are:-
Luminous 1400VA, Higher KVA Home UPS, Eco Volt 900VA, Luminous 600VA, Eco Volt 1500VA etc.
Quick Comparison Between inverter and UPS
|Purpose||Converts DC to AC to provide backup power during power cuts||Provides backup power during power cuts and protects devices from power surges|
|Capacity||Available in a range of capacities from 500VA to several kilowatts||Available in a range of capacities from a few hundred VA to several kilowatts|
|Output waveform||Provides a pure sine wave output, making it suitable for sensitive electronic devices||Provides a modified sine wave output, which may cause issues with some electronic devices|
|Charging time||Takes several hours to charge the batteries fully||Takes a few hours to charge the batteries fully|
|Battery life||Typically uses lead-acid batteries, which have a lifespan of around 3-5 years||Typically uses sealed lead-acid or lithium-ion batteries, which have a longer lifespan|
|Efficiency||Has a high efficiency of around 90%, which means less power is wasted||Has a lower efficiency of around 70-80%, which means more power is wasted|
|Cost||More expensive than UPS units, especially for higher capacities||Less expensive than inverters, especially for lower capacities|
|Applications||Suitable for use in homes, offices, and small businesses where backup power is needed||Suitable for use in homes, offices, and data centers where backup power is needed along with protection against power surges|
The choice between an inverter and UPS will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
How To Choose The Best Inverter in India
Now we will discuss some essential factors to consider when choosing the best inverter in India.
1. Capacity: The first and foremost factor to consider when choosing an inverter is its capacity. The capacity of an inverter is measured in VA (volt-ampere) or KVA (kilovolt-ampere), and it determines the amount of power the inverter can supply. The capacity of an inverter should be selected based on the total load it needs to support during a power cut. As a general rule, you should select an inverter with a capacity that is slightly higher than the total load it needs to support. For example, if your total load is 600 watts, you should select an inverter with a capacity of at least 800 VA or 0.8 KVA.
2. Battery Type: The type of battery used in the inverter is another crucial factor to consider. In India, lead-acid batteries are the most commonly used batteries in inverters. These batteries are affordable, readily available, and provide good backup power. However, they have a shorter lifespan and require regular maintenance. On the other hand, lithium-ion batteries are more expensive but have a longer lifespan and require minimal maintenance.
3. Waveform: The waveform of an inverter is another critical factor to consider. There are two types of waveforms – sine wave and square wave. Sine wave inverters provide a pure sine wave output, which is similar to the waveform of the grid. These inverters are suitable for powering sensitive electronic devices such as computers, laptops, and televisions. Square wave inverters, on the other hand, provide a square wave output, which may cause issues with some electronic devices.
4. Efficiency: The efficiency of an inverter determines how much power is wasted during the conversion process. Higher efficiency means less power is wasted, which results in longer backup times and lower electricity bills. Inverters with higher efficiency are more expensive, but they provide better value for money in the long run.
5. Brand and Warranty: The brand of the inverter is also an essential factor to consider. It is recommended to choose a reputable brand that has a good track record of providing quality products and reliable customer support. Additionally, it is important to check the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Most manufacturers offer a warranty of 1-2 years on the inverter and 3-5 years on the battery.
6. Price: Last but not least, price is also an essential factor to consider when choosing an inverter. Inverters are available at various price points, ranging from a few thousand rupees to tens of thousands of rupees. It is recommended to set a budget and choose an inverter that provides the best value for money within that budget.
In conclusion, choosing the best inverter in India requires careful consideration of several factors such as capacity, battery type, waveform, efficiency, brand, warranty, and price. By keeping these factors in mind, you can select an inverter that provides reliable backup power during power cuts and ensures that your daily life is not disrupted.
Inverter Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does an inverter work?
A: An inverter works by converting DC power from a battery into AC power that can be used to power electronic devices. The DC power is first converted to AC power using an oscillator circuit. The AC power is then passed through a transformer to increase its voltage to a level that is suitable for powering electronic devices.
Q: What is the capacity of an inverter?
A: The capacity of an inverter is measured in VA (volt-ampere) or KVA (kilovolt-ampere), and it determines the amount of power the inverter can supply. The capacity of an inverter should be selected based on the total load it needs to support during a power cut.
Q: What type of battery is used in an inverter?
A: In India, lead-acid batteries are the most commonly used batteries in inverters. These batteries are affordable, readily available, and provide good backup power. However, they have a shorter lifespan and require regular maintenance. Lithium-ion batteries are also used in some inverters, but they are more expensive.
Q: What is the efficiency of an inverter?
A: The efficiency of an inverter determines how much power is wasted during the conversion process. Higher efficiency means less power is wasted, which results in longer backup times and lower electricity bills.
Q: Can an inverter be used to power all electronic devices?
A: Inverters can be used to power most electronic devices, but some devices may not work properly with an inverter. For example, devices that require a pure sine wave output may not work properly with a square wave inverter.
Q: How long does an inverter battery last?
A: The lifespan of an inverter battery depends on various factors such as the type of battery, usage pattern, maintenance, and environmental conditions. In general, lead-acid batteries used in inverters have a lifespan of around 3-5 years, while lithium-ion batteries have a longer lifespan.
Q: Can I connect multiple batteries to an inverter?
A: Yes, you can connect multiple batteries to an inverter to increase the backup time. However, the batteries should be of the same capacity and type, and they should be connected in parallel.
Q: Can an inverter be used with solar panels?
A: Yes, some inverters are designed to work with solar panels. These inverters are called solar inverters or grid-tied inverters. They convert DC power generated by solar panels into AC power that can be used to power electronic devices or fed into the grid.