In India you will find it is very common that every home use oil for different types of cooking. As more and more Indians are becoming health conscious these days, they would settle for nothing but the best when it comes to choosing the cooking oil for their family.
There are a number of cooking oil brands in the market, which claim to protect consumers from problems like cholesterol, heart disease and obesity, and consumers have established their preferences today with smart decision making.
|1||Fortune Oil, 1 L Pouch Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard||₹ 215||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Saffola Gold Refined Cooking oil | Blended of Rice Bran &...||₹ 224||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Freedom Refined Sunflower Oil, 1L||₹ 399||Buy on Amazon|
Here is a list of top 10 best cooking oil brands in India:
Mahakosh is one of the best selling edible oil brands in India. It is a brand of the well known company called Ruchi Soya Industries Limited which came into the Indian market in 1986 and has been regarded as one of the healthiest cooking oils.
Sweekar cooking oil is a reputed brand from the house of Cargill, a trusted American brand which dates back to 1865 and came to India in 1987. This brand brings different variants in cooking oil.
Nutrela is another product of Ruchi Soya Industries and this brand has a large consumer base because of its exceptional health value. Ruchi Soya Industries is regarded as one of the biggest manufacturers in edible oil segment, operating through its 20 manufacturing units.
The next name on the list of top 10 best cooking oil brands in India is that of Vimal, which entered the market in 1993 and has developed a trusted reputation since then. The brand boasts of a strong distribution network, with as many as 1500 supplier throughout the country. It is available in mustard, soybean, sunflower and groundnut oil variants.
6. Nature Fresh
Another presentation of Cargill is NatureFresh cooking oil, which ensures good health for consumers because of its heart healthy as well as cholesterol lowering properties.
Another popular brand of cooking oil in India is Dhara, which is being manufactured by Mother Dairy since 1988 and is one of the brand leaders today. Dhara brand brings mustard, soybean and groundnut oils, which are manufactured using Low Absorb Technology to ensure good health for consumers.
Dalda can be regarded as one of the oldest brands of cooking oil in the country, bringing a wide array of choices for the consumers. These include mustard oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil and vanaspati oil, which happens to be the most popular one.
Sundrop is amongst the oldest in the cooking oil market in India, dating back to 1989. Available in healthy variants like Sundrop Heart, Sundrop Lite and Sundrop NutriLite, this refined oil is enriched with vitamins, oryzanol and essential fatty acids.
Featuring next on the list of top 10 best cooking oil brands in India is the trustworthy name of Saffola, which comes from the house of Marico. It is manufactured with the innovative Losorb technology, which minimizes the absorption of oil in the body. Saffola comes in variants like Saffola Active, Saffola Gold and Saffola Total.
Fortune is one of the best selling edible oil brands in the Indian market today. this brand has a reputed history since 2000, when it was launched by Adani Wilmar Group. The brand brings a variety of cooking oils such as rice bran, mustard oil, sunflower oil and groundnut oil. Being rich in antioxidants and hearth friendly fatty acids, the oil has an excellent health value.
Some other well known cooking oil brands in India are Gemini, Rath, Sunflower Vanaspati, Ruchi Gold and Ambuja.
How to Choose a Good & Healthy Cooking Oil
When you look for cooking food that is healthy and safe for the consumption of you and your family. The first and foremost thing that comes yto your mind is the type of oil that you use. You need to be really careful while taking a decision as to which cooking oil should be used. This article lays down some factors for determination.
- Go for cooking oil that does not oxidize itself easily. If an oil is such that it easily oxidizes, it releases harmful chemicals that you would want to avoid.
- Another factor to be kept in mind is the extent of saturation the oil has. If you need to avoid damage to heat by a oil, you should go for the one that has more fats in the saturated form. You should always avoid going for the oil variety that has polyunsaturated fats as they arenot resistant to heating.
- If you want to go for cooking at high heat, the coconut oil is the best option for you.
- Although olive oil is known to contain a certain quantity of monounsaturated fat, it is reasonable well resistant to heating. Besides, it also goes a long way in helping you get other health benefits. Hence, olive oil is another good option to cook with
- Fish oil also offers a number of health benefits. It can, however, be heat sensitive. Hence, you need to be really careful when you are cooking fish at a very high temperature.
The following are some of the best practices to be followed when it comes to suing and storing cooking oil:
- When you purchase oil, ensure that you but in small bottles so that the same remains fresh for a longer period of time
- You should buy unrefined oils
- Oil should preferably be kept in a cool place that is away from the light
Do keep the above in mind while you are trying to make a choice as to which cooking oil should you choose from and how do you need to maintain the same.
The choice for Indian consumers is wide as far as cooking oils are concerned and it would be feasible to consult your health care provider before choosing the right one according to your fitness requirement.