Indian Postal Services is the post service which has one of the largest networks in the world. Post Services reaches every village and every district of the country but you would be surprised to know that there are many villages which still do not have Banking Services. In such a case, the Post Office started to offer banking services as well. This helped people in being a part of financial inclusion.
Since earlier days, post office used to offer investment services like deposit receipts, fixed deposit and even recurring deposit. They had been really popular among Indians as they were all risk-free investment services and the people didn’t have to visit the bank to avail these services. The interest rate was also at par with the banks.
Later, the Post Office also started to offer banking services and with time, the post office started offering online facilities as well. In such a case, people were able to bank with post office digitally as well.The advantages and benefits of this are surely undebatable.
Today, in this article, we are going to share the process to register for the online Net Banking for the Post Office Bank Account and at the same time, we are also going to share the process to login to your account after you have activated the account. Let us now look at the process.
How to Register for Post Office Internet Banking?
You can follow the steps listed below to activate Internet Banking for Post Office
- Start the process by visiting the department of Post eBanking website. The link to the website is here.
- On the page, you will see space to enter the Login ID and just below this, you will notice a link for ‘New User Activation’. Click on this to proceed to the next step.
- Now, enter your customer ID and Account ID to move to the next step. Submitting the details will take you to the next page.
- Once you are on a new page, you will be asked to enter some of the personal information to validate your identity. Also, you will receive an OTP to validate the request. Validate the new account activation request and click on the submit
- In this last step, you will be able to create a password for yourself. Create the password to move to the next step and your Post Office Internet Banking will now be active.
This was the procedure to register for Internet Banking for Post Office Bank Account but do you know what are the services that you can avail with help of internet banking for Post Office Bank Account? Let us look at the services available and then we will tell you the process to login.
What are the Services available via Post Office Internet Banking?
- Creating of Login Password and Transaction Password
- Checking the Personal Details
- Checking Saving Account Summary
- Checking the details of Recurring Deposit, TD and PPF.
- Checking the details of NSC Account
- Liquidating the RD
- Application for Loan on PPF Account
- TDS Certificate can be obtained as well.
- Making Fund Transfer via Online Medium
- PPF Withdrawal
- Checking and Scheduling the Transaction
- Making Payment of Loan and checking PPF Contribution.
- Checking Recurring and Standing Instructions.
- Making Deposits in RD Account
- Checking Statement and list of transaction
- Raising Inquiry and Service Request.
With so many services available via Internet Banking for the Department of Post, it is surely worth using internet banking to save yourself from visiting the post office. Let us now look at the process to login to the Internet Banking Account.
How to Login in Post Office Internet Banking Account?
- To Login, once again visit the Internet Banking Website for Department of Post. The link
- Here, enter your User ID to move to the next step and click on the Login This will take you to a new page where you can enter your password.
- Now, enter your password and click on Login Button. This will redirect you to the homepage of your account where you can avail all the required services.
If in case you can’t recall your password, use the Forgot Password tool to reset your password and then use the new password to login to your account.
This was the process to register for the Online Net banking Account with Post Office and we hope you will be able to create your account now.
If you face any difficulty, you can visit the post office in your area or you can call the 24×7 helpline at 1800 425 2440. Alternatively, you can also email the post office on email@example.com