Delhi University has introduced a new admission process for undergraduate courses. Admission to Delhi University is provided based on the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) score through the Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS). The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by DU in order to apply for UG programs.
How to Apply for Admission as per DU New Admission Process?
The admission of the candidates offered in all the colleges affiliated by Delhi University will be provided by the new admission process. The admission will be offered followed by three stages as mentioned below.
- Submit the CSAS 2022 Application Form: The candidates need to submit their common application form on the CSAS portal.
- Select the Course and Preference: Candidates need to select the course and preference of colleges where they want to get admission.
- Seat Allotment and Admission: It is the last stage of the admission process in which the admissions are provided to candidates based on their scores on the CUET test. The seat allotment list will be published on the official website of the CSAS portal. Check the official website of DU admission as well for all the details regarding DU’s new admission process.
DU New Admission Process: Steps to Apply Online
- Go for registration section on the CSAS portal
- Login to the CSAS portal using registration credentials
- Now access the Program Section
- Select the college preferences and course
- Now the applicants need to pay the online application fees
- Click on the submit tab
- Download your detailed application form and take a printout of the application for future reference.
DU Application Fees 2022
The applicants need to pay non-refundable application fees on the CSAS 2022 portal. The candidates who want to apply under the Extra-Curricular Activity (ECA)/ Sports Quota/ Supernumerary quota need to pay extra application fees.
DU Admission Tie-Breaking Rule
If any two candidates get the same marks in the CUET, then in this situation the candidate who scored the highest marks in the qualifying exam (10+2) will be preferred. In case the marks of the last qualifying exam is also equal then the candidate of older age will be preferred to get admission.
DU Application Withdraw Rule
The candidates who filled their online applications on the CSAS portal will be able to withdraw their applications. For the withdrawal of the application, candidates need to pay the application fees of Rs.1000 through online mode. The application withdrawal dates will be issued by the CSAS portal. Once the admission spot rounds are announced the candidates will not be allowed to withdraw their application form.
CSAS Seat Allotment Process
The seat allotment will be made based on the score on the CUET test and the name of colleges and courses selected. The admission authority made counseling based on the score in CUET and college preference. The DU admission process comprises the stages given here.
- Preference of college and course selected by the candidate
- Availability of seats in the respective college and program
- The position of candidates in their respective category list
The seats are offered based on the choice of candidates and the number of seats available in the respective course. The final allotment list will be released and officially contains the names of candidates with their allotted colleges and course.
The candidates have to accept the all-time t letter before the last date and report to the allotted institute before the specified dates as mentioned in the allotment letter. Admission to candidates is offered only on a merit basis. The candidates must report to the allotted institutes with all the documents. First, the document verification is made then the admissions are offered finally.
Seat Upgrade or Freeze Window
After the release of seat allotment lists, the seat upgrade or seat freeze will be made available for two days for the candidates who want to opt for a seat upgrade or freeze. The seat upgrade or window is not available for the candidates who got their first preference while filling online applications.