The government launches many schemes to help people in one way or another. There are different types of schemes and some of them are applicable for the people who belong to SC and ST and then there are schemes which are applicable for the people under certain income criteria. For offering benefits to the people, the government needs the document proofs from the people so as to ensure that the benefits are offered to the right people.
Income Certificate is one such document which is needed by people to get the scholarship, ration card and other such benefits. In this article, we are going to tell you about the procedure to get the Income Certificate.
What Is Income Certificate?
Before we talk about the steps to obtain Income Certificate, we would like to tell you about Income Certificate. The income certificate is issued by the authoritative person in State Government. It can be the village tehsildar in the village or it can be issued even by District Magistrate, Revenue Circle Officer or other such government Officers. In some cases, Income Certificate is also referred to as EWS (Economical Weaker Section) Certificate.
The Income certificate may be needed by Educational Institutes to provide education under certain criteria or the income certificate may be needed by a government department to offer benefit to the people. There can be similar issues when people might need Income Certificate.
Let us now talk about the process to get an Income Certificate.
Steps to get the Income Certificate
Follow the steps below to get the Income Certificate for yourself
- You would need to visit the online portal of your state to start the procedure. A simple google search can help you in finding the correct online portal.
- Once you are on the portal, register an account and then login to your account. This is needed to move ahead with the process.
- Post-logging in, you will be redirected to the dashboard of the account. On the dashboard, click on the Services from the top menu and then click on Apply for Income Certificate. You will now be taken to form for application of Income Certificate.
- In this form, you need to fill your details like your personal details, ID Proof, Aadhaar Card Number and Address Proof. You will also need to upload these documents and you will also need an affidavit to declare that you are furnishing the details correctly.
- These documents should be submitted to the local district office if you are not able to upload online. There would also be a fee for the procedure and hence pay the fee online for an online procedure or pay the fee at the district centre for the offline
The details will then be verified and your Income Certificate will be issued in a period of 10 to 15 days depending on the verification and other details. For any information, reach out to district officer and they will help you in every possible way while getting Income Certificate.