Google Pay is one of the most sought-after and trustworthy online payment apps. It can help anyone to receive and send money anytime. This includes transferring and collecting money from local stores, family, friends and third-party apps.
The payments you make through Google Pay have stored proof of these transactions on the application itself. Transaction record contains information like the UPI ID and UPI transaction ID of all the payees and senders from whom you collect and send money. This proof is visible in the Google Pay app under the Show my transactions section.
Although you are able to view the history easily, it seems to be having a problem deleting the history. There seems to be no option available in the Google Pay app to delete transaction history. Those who do not wish to be tracked by all this information can delete such information by following the steps given below:
Step-by-step guide to check transaction history on Google Pay App:
The transaction doesn’t show directly on the screen after opening the Google Pay app. To view the history of the transaction on the Google Pay app, go through the below guide:
- Open the Google Pay app on your device/smartphone.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Doing so will help to access the option to show transaction history.
- Next, you need to tap on > to view your Google Pay transaction history.
- In this section, you will be able to see the history of both amounts received and sent.
- To view your complete transaction history, keep scrolling down.
Step-by-step guide to deleting transaction history on the Google Pay app:
It may be difficult to delete Google pay’s transaction history since the app saves proof about every transaction made through this app. No direct option is given on the app for deleting the transaction history of Google pay. An alternate method, you can do it from Google Chrome. So, let’s see how to delete payment transactions from your Google Pay account:
- Open Google Chrome on your device and visit https://www.google.com
- Now, open your Google account
- Once this is done, log in to your account with the help of Google credentials.
- On the top left side, tap on the option sign/with three horizontal lines.
- Here you have to tap on Data and Privacy option.
- Now you have to open History Settings.
- Tap on Web and App activity.
- Then open the Manage all Web and App activity option.
- Next, click on three vertical lines on the search bar.
- Pick Other Google Activity and Open the Google Pay experience.
- Now click on Manage activity under Google Pay experience.
- Tap on the Delete drop-down option to choose the transaction history you want to remove.
- As per your choice, you can choose the last hour, custom range, all time, and last day.
- To continue with transaction history deletion, tap on the delete option.
Important tip: The deletion will take up to 12 hours maximum to showcase the update in the transaction history of Google Pay.