Delhi being the capital of India attracts a maximum number of migrants from other states. The city offers opportunities to everyone in every field. The government also offers special privileges and schemes to people which certainly helps people in leading a better lifestyle. To avail the benefits of some of the schemes, people need a Domicile Certificate. Now, if you are also trying to get a Domicile Certificate but you don’t know what it is and you don’t know the procedure to get it, then do not worry as we have listed all the details of getting Domicile Certificate in Delhi in this article.
To begin with, we would like to share the Domicile Certificate is issued by the Department of Revenue in Delhi and the certificate may help students in getting a scholarship. It would also help people in getting the residential facility and other such facilities provided by the government.
We would first talk about the eligibility criteria and then we will share the list of documents required by you to get the Domicile Certificate. Let us look at these details one by one.
Eligibility Criteria to get Domicile Certificate
Eligibility Criteria to get Domicile Certificate in Delhi are
- The application should be a resident of Delhi and he should be living here for 3 years.
- The application should have is a name in the voter list.
- If the female applicant is married to a resident of Delhi then she can apply for Domicile Certificate on basis of that.
- Minor applicants can apply for Domicile Certificate if their parents are a resident of Delhi.
Documents required to get Domicile Certificate
Let us now look at the documents required to get the Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Water Bill
Basically, you need to have 1 document for ID proof, 1 for address proof and 1 photo.
Online Procedure to get Domicile Certificate
If you are eligible to apply for the Domicile Certificate then start by scanning the documents and once the documents are ready, follow the process as listed below.
- You need to visit the e-District Website of Delhi Government. The link to the website is https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
- From the services Section, click on Apply for Certificates Online and this will take you to the login page. Login to your account here and if you do not have an account already then go ahead and register your account.
- After logging in, Select Apply Online Option from the topmenu bar and select Apply for Services.
- Find the service for Domicile Certificate in the list and now, click on Apply button. This will take you to the application form.
- Fill in the application form and attach all the required documents along with your photo. Once that is done, submit the application and you will receive an acknowledgement number. Keep this acknowledgement number safely.
It should be noted that the acknowledgement number can be used to track the status of the application. You can navigate to the same website and click on Track your Application to track the status of your request. You can use the acknowledgement number to fetch the data.
Once the Domicile Certificate is issued, you can use the process listed below to download it.
- Visit the e-district website and click on the Print/Download Certificate. This will take you to a new screen where you can start downloading the certificate from.
- Select your department, certificate type, application number and date of birth.
- Click on the continue button and the PDF version of the certificate will now be downloaded immediately.
Offline procedure to get Domicile Certificate
If you are not comfortable with the online application procedure, then you can also opt for the offline router. To apply for Domicile Certificate Offline, follow the steps listed below.
- Visit the Revenue Department Office in Delhi and obtain a form to apply for Domicile Certificate.
- Fill in the form and attach the self-attested copy of all the documents. Verify the details filled by you.
- Once you have verified the details, submit the application and you can then collect the Domicile Certificate as per the standard deadlines.
This was all the possible information about getting the Domicile Certificate in Delhi. If you face an issue while getting the Domicile Certificate, you can raise a complaint with the Department of Revenue and your complaint will surely be resolved.