Wealth collected in the National Pension System or NPS relies on the contributions made as well as the income from investment. Basically, NPS has been designed for those who cannot achieve the benefits of pension after retirement. With National Pension System, anyone can accumulate pension fund for a long period of time. Hence, the subscribers can withdraw income from the pension fund after retirement. The employer of the person can also contribute. There is no specific benefit to be available when you exit. Under NPS, the government has added a lot of income tax benefits for contribution.
Check NPS Account Balance and Statement Online
- First of all, access the official CRA website – http://www.cra-nsdl.com.
- Login to your NPS account by entering account details like user id and password.
- Select “Transaction Statement” once you login to your site.
- Then select “Holding Statement”.
- In Holding Statement option, you can get the details of your balance accumulated in NPS fund.
- See the details of transactions, along with contributions on transaction statement.
How to Open National Pension Scheme Account Online?
You can now easily open an NPS account online within just 25 to 30 minutes. You need to have an account in any of the 17 banks which fall under the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) linked to your PAN number. You can simply go to enps.nsdl.com to apply for NPS account online.
When it comes to open NPS account, you simply need an email id, mobile number, scanned copy of signature and photograph and a savings account which is active with net banking facility. You will also need either PAN Card or Aadhaar Card.
If you have all the credentials required, here are the steps to open NPS account –
- Go to the official eNPS website of NSDL, enps.nsdl.com
- Click on REGISTRATION
- It will open a new window. Choose ‘New Registration’ on ‘Online Subscriber Registration’ page.
- Select the options according to your case, including the account type and status of applicant.
- Select ‘Aadhaar’ if you have Aadhaar card. You can choose PAN if you have PAN Card.
Open NPS Account with Aadhaar Card
Follow these steps if you have selected Aadhaar –
- Click on the option ‘Generate OTP’
- Enter all the credentials along with OTP which is received on your registered mobile number
- The system will sync all your personal details through Aadhaar database
- Enter all the details mandatory in online form.
- Upload scanned copy of your signature and photograph.
- Submit details to access online payment gateway.
- You can make the first contribution by credit or debit card or through net banking facility of your account.
Open NPS Account with PAN
- Select the bank where you have savings account from the list.
- Your KYC details will be verified by your bank.
- A one-time fee of Rs. 125 will be deducted from your account by the bank for verification.
- Enter all the important details in the form.
- Be sure to keep in mind that your name and address will match with the records of your bank. It is a part of KYC verification.
- Upload your signature and photograph.
- Now you can make the payment online.
- Your PRAN is generated after successful payment.
Why National Pension Scheme?
The NPS or National Pension Scheme ensures financial security to the citizens of India after retirement. There are also tax benefits under this scheme. This scheme can serve as a regular income source post retirement.
NPS Toll Free Number
If you have any doubt or problem in accessing or opening NPS account, call 1800110708, which is the NPS helpline number.