HDFC Bank has different types of credit card and it has a card suitable for every customer’s need. For example, if you travel a lot then there a Jet Privilege Card. If you love to shop then there is a Money back card and similarly, there are cards for rewards as well as other needs. You can surely apply for the card which suits your need and if you spend more, then you will receive more benefits as well.
If you already have a card and if there is a need to block your HDFC Card then you are at the right place as we have listed the process to block the HDFC Card in this article.There are different ways which you can follow and we have listed them all.
Steps to Block HDFC Bank Credit Card using IVRS
If you wish to block your card using IVRS then you just need to know the phone number for the Phone Banking. The number will redirect you to an IVR Menu and you can make the selection to reach the customer service adviser. The executive will then validate the details for you and they will hotlist your credit card.
The phone banking number that you can use is 011 61606161. There are different numbers for different cities but you can use any of them to get the card blocked.
Steps to Block HDFC Bank Credit Card using Internet Banking
If you wish to use HDFC internet banking to block your Credit Card then you can follow the steps listed below.
- Visit the HDFC Bank website at hdfcbank.com and login to your internet banking account using the password and username.
- From the list of options, you need to click on the Credit Card and a list of options will be displayed. On the left side of the page, you will notice an option for Credit Card Hotlisting. Click on the option and you will be taken to a new page.
- From this new page, select the credit card that you wish to block. The same will be displayed in form of a drop-down menu. Also, select the reason for blocking the credit card.
- In the tab below, you can also choose to replace the card. Once that is done, you will be able to proceed to the next step and in this step, an OTP will be generated.
- Enter the OTP in the designated area and validate the OTP to block the card. If you chose to replace the card then the replacement card will be delivered to you in 1 week time.
This is how you can block the credit card using internet banking and if you wish to use the Mobile Banking App to block the card then you can follow the process listed.
Steps to Block HDFC Bank Credit Card using Mobile Banking
Here is the process to Block the Credit Card using the Mobile Banking app but before you move to the process, you should know that you can only use the mobile banking app if you have a savings account with HDFC Bank. You will not be able to use the app if you only have a Credit Card from the bank.
- You can open the app for the HDFC Bank and once the app is displayed, login to the app.
- From the menu option, click on Credit Card and you will be taken to a new screen. On this screen, tap on Block Credit Card Option.
- You will now be able to select the credit card that you want to block. Also, select the reason to block the card and choose if you want to get a replacement card.
- After entering all the details, validate the details with the PIN and you will be able to block your card. A confirmation message will be sent to you on your mobile number.
These were the ways that you can follow to block your HDFC Bank Credit Card. If you need any other information then you can call the HDFC Bank or you can also click here to know more about HDFC Bank Credit Card.