The Siddhi Vinayak temple is a famous Hindu temple built in the name of Lord Ganesh and is one of the richest temples in India owing to its hefty donations every year. It is believed that if you pray to the Lal Baba your wishes will be fulfilled.
The temple is frequented by around 25000 people every day. Siddhi Vinayak has high profile devotees, including politicians and Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan. Archer we list top 10 interesting facts about Siddhivinayak temple
10. Siddhi Vinayak is well known as “Navasacha Ganapati” or “Navasala Pavanara Ganapati” (It means that the Ganapati bestows whenever humbly genuinely prayed a wish will come true, in Marathi) among devotees.
9. The Siddhi Vinayak temple was constructed on 19 November 1801 by the contractor Laxman Vithu Patil and funded by a rich agricultural woman named Deubai Patil who did not have any child and wanted God to give the child to the other barren woman.
8. The temple is located in the remote village of Siddhatek, about 200 km east of Pune, Maharashtra and the temple welcomes everyone with its open door policy. People of different religion also visit the temple to fulfill their desires.
7. Siddhi vinayak Temple was a small one with the area of 3.6 m x 3.6 m square brick structure carved as a dome-shaped, Shikhara. It was uniquely constructed with the temple complex of about 2550 including the two 3.6 m Deepamalas, a rest house to relax and also the living quarters for all the caretakers. It also covers the adjoining lake 30 x 40 sq. m. in size of the eastern and southern side of the temple. A small Hanuman shrine was built 1952 and is located in the temple complex as the Hanuman icon near Elphinstone Road.
6. The Siddhivinayak Mandir, from a small, tiny place of worship to the Grand Temple was constructed in the latter half of the twentieth century. The fame of the temple spread, around the 1950 and 60s centuries and later on developed to have a major number of devotees began visiting. However, the owner of the plot sold some of the temple land, reducing the complex area in the same period. In latter years 1975, the number of devotees visiting to this temple increased dramatically.
5. Temple glory was bought not only by the politicians who visit the temple frequently, but also by Bollywood film stars who frequently visit the temple to seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha. Tim Cook, Apple CEO made his 2016 India trip with morning prayers at this particular temple.
4. Siddhi vinayak temple is famous for its Tuesday’s Aarti in which crowd swarms the temple and lines up in anticipation of Tuesday’s 4.45am holy Aarti. The queue sometimes goes as long as 2 kilometers.
3. Two huge silver mice statues are found inside the temple. It’s believed if you whisper your wish in their ears, they take your wish to Lord Ganesha.
2. The idol of Ganesha is believed to be made from a black stone. It has trunk on the right side and the appearance of the lord is quite unique. Lord Ganesh’s statue is flanked by his wives Riddhi and Siddhi on either side and the visit of them temple is believed to fulfill all your wishes.
1. The Siddhi vinayak temple receives around 100 million to 150 million in the form of donations every year and hence is Mumbai city’s richest temple trust. In 2004, the Siddhi vinayak Ganapati Temple Trust came under fire due to alleged claims of mismanaging donations.
To research the trust’s donations and probe the allegations, the Bombay High Court appointed a committee headed by the retired judge named,
V P Tipnis. The temple was directed to prepare guidelines for the use of its donations.
we hope you found this article informative. Here we listed top 10 interesting things about Siddhi vinayak temple, a place to fulfill your wishes.