With the world becoming more commercialised each passing day, and the cut-throat competition ensuring only the best make it big, Marketing is often the difference between a successful and unsuccessful business.
In any company, the Marketing department is the one that is ultimately the difference between a hit and a flop product and this is why organisations pay big money for MBA in Marketing grads.
What is an MBA in Marketing?
An MBA in Marketing is a two-year postgraduate management degree. One of the most popular MBA specialisations, an MBA in Marketing helps you learn the ropes with technical and managerial skills like branding, marketing strategies, leadership and entrepreneurship to name a few.
Scope of an MBA in Marketing
As mentioned before, Marketing is a crucial component of any company and that is why an MBA in Marketing is so lucrative. Every organisation needs people to market and brand their product properly in front of the consumers, and this can’t be done without the help of professionals.
An MBA in Marketing will teach you all you need to about managing teams and customers, developing effective policies and penetrating emerging marketing with your product.
With an abundance of jobs available in this field, an MBA in Marketing has tremendous scope and opportunities for all students.
Eligibility for an MBA in Marketing
While the specific eligibility criteria varies for every individual college, the basic requirements are as follows-
- You need to have completed graduation from a recognised university.
- You need to have 50% aggregate marks minimum during graduation. (For SC/ST it’s generally 5-10% lower.)
- Final year graduation students can also apply provided they complete their degree before the start of the course.
- Candidates must appear in one or more of the following MBA entrance exams- CAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, XAT, GMAT etc.
Salary & Job Profiles after an MBA in Marketing
An MBA in Marketing degree will open new doors for you, with job opportunities available in lots of industries. The average salary of an MBA in Marketing professional in India is 7.57 LPA, which is a very good ROI on your investment.
After completing your MBA in Marketing, you can work in any industry such as IT, media, advertising, edtech, consultancy, retail, tourism and many more.
Job profiles available to an MBA in Marketing grad-
- Marketing Manager– Running promotional campaigns of products and services in order to increase brand awareness and attract customers.
- Brand Manager– Develops new strategies to beat competitors in the market and carve out a niche for your product.
- Product Manager– Overseeing the product right from the start to the finish. It involves market research, managing the timeline and delivering a product which will do well in the market.
- Market Research Analyst– Involves detailed market research and trend analysis.
- Business Development Executive– Growing the business and lead generation forms a vital part of this job profile. The main agenda of this role is to expand the business into new areas.
- Media planner– As a Media Planner you will be responsible for planning and PR operations. Check out media plan example to have an idea about this profession.
These are just some roles available to MBA in Marketing grads, you can explore more roles online as well.
A New Way of Management Education
Even though an MBA in Marketing degree is useful no matter where you pursue it from, lately there has been a gap developing in what the industry requires and what most colleges teach students.
Some colleges that are changing the game and offering what students need are-
Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
This hi-tech campus in the heart of the pink city houses world class infrastructure and amenities, blending tech-led teaching with a 147% placement record. In partnership with Sunstone Eduversity, Suresh Gyan Vihar University offers full accountability of students’ careers and result-oriented education.
It is surely the place to be if you want to pursue an MBA in Marketing with the latest industry-aligned curriculum and a vibrant campus experience.
Galgotias University, Noida
Ranked as one of the top institutions for management in the country, Galgotias University, situated in Noida is a good choice for your MBA in Marketing. The campus here is full of amenities such as centrally air-conditioned classrooms, sports grounds, digital library and much more.
Located in the financial capital of the country, NMIMS Mumbai is one of the best colleges to pursue an MBA in Marketing. The sprawling campus here houses the best-in-class faculty and T&D team with an amazing placement record. An MBA in Marketing from NMIMS Mumbai will definitely help you in achieving your potential in progressing in your career.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.