Our grandmothers and elderly people always know a natural remedy for getting better skin, to treat our hair problems, induce sleep, or relieve stress. This is no magic but just an informative and efficient approach to using the basic ingredients found in our homes for various purposes.
Many of our daily items are being prepared after a lot of chemical processes that make them harmful to be used over time.
It is always better to look at the ingredient list before buying any such items or opt for brands that produce raw natural products to be ingested or used, without any preservatives or chemicals.
One can easily buy raw honey online, turmeric, or even basic oil for cooking like olive oil, etc. from the nearest stores or from an online platform. Using natural products will ensure that we get all the important benefits without any side effects or consequences due to the presence of any chemicals.
BASIC INGREDIENTS TO USE FOR MULTIPLE BENEFITS
Ayurveda is an ancient medicine method that finds its roots in India. These days, many people from other countries are also using ayurvedic techniques and products for basic health-related issues for well-balanced health and wellness.
The special thing to learn from Ayurveda is the uses of basic spices, herbs, and simple things found in our kitchens or from plants.
Ayurveda uses natural products to treat any physical or other disorder of the body and these products are used in combination with other techniques like massages and rituals to help one recover from almost any type of disorder in the body.
Following ingredients are easily found in everyone’s house and can be used in various different ways to help with many things.
1. HONEY: a natural source of sweetness and a very healthy alternative for sugar, one can easily buy raw honey online and start using it in their daily lives for its multipurpose benefits.
Honey is a very healthy alternative for sugar especially for people with sugar problems or diabetes. Mixing honey with warm or lukewarm water and a few drops of lemon juice and consuming this in the morning soon after waking up can reduce the toxins from the body and also help in losing weight and getting rid of extra stubborn fat.
Honey can also be used to treat a sore throat and treat children as well as adults suffering from a cough. It has a high viscosity and sweetness that helps heal throat infections and wounds due to constant coughing.
Honey is also a very good source of moisture and can be used to prepare homemade face and hair masks by combining with other ingredients to help treat dry skin or dry hair and help restore the natural moisture to the skin.
- Read here: Is Honey Good for Weight Loss?
2. YOGHURT: another source of the high content of antioxidants and moisture. Yogurt is a favorite of many people and ingested in various forms. It can also help with weight loss when combined with other ingredients and used in proper proportions.
Yogurt also has a high percentage of good bacteria that help with digestion and also the bacteria that help to keep the gut healthy and fit.
Consuming yogurt can balance the bacterial content of our digestive system and deal with various basic digestive tract problems like minor indigestion, gas, acidity, etc. It can also be used to prepare hair and face masks to treat dry hair or skin problems like the appearance of pores and brighten the skin.
3. TURMERIC: it has been used for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties for years and is also one of the most used ingredients in Ayurveda and naturopathy. Turmeric contains curcumin that is a very efficient ingredient to work on issues related to inflammation of the skin or even internal organs.
It is used for fever, depression, helps in liver problems, reduces cholesterol, treats wounds and cuts, osteoarthritis, and itching of skin.
Apart from these uses, it is said to have a brightening effect on the skin and can be mixed with gram flour and yogurt to prepare a homemade mask, applied for 15-20 minutes to achieve bright glowing skin.
4. LEMON JUICE: citrus fruits are a very good source of vitamin c, which is hardly found in any other natural sources. Consumption of lemon juice or lemon mixed with honey and water can hydrate the body and also aid in weight loss.
It helps prevent kidney stones and also keeps the skin youthful and healthy. Applying lemon juice in a diluted amount on the skin or hair can aid hair growth, get rid of dandruff, keep the scalp clean, and reverse the effects of aging on the skin.