JNVST, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection test is one of the well-known tests conducted for the admission of students to class 6 at the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalas across India. The test is conducted in 27 states and 7 union territories of India.
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya selection test is conducted by the management Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The seat in class 6th in a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is limited to 80 and the results of the test are usually published at the end of May every year.
- To filter and admit 80 best students in class 6 in each of 575 schools that comes under the management Navodaya Vidyalaya S
- To promote and enhance national integration
- Students studying in class 5th in a government recognised school.
- Students between the age of 9-13
- Students who have never appeared for JNVST before
- For rural quota students from class 3, 4 and 5 from a government recognised school in a rural area can apply.
Things to remember
- No candidate/student will be given a 2nd chance
- No student will be allowed to attend the exam without the admit card issued by the management.
- Exam center for each student allotted would be final, and change of exam center will not be possible.
With all these things being told, to acquire a seat in JNV the student should secure good marks in the JNVST. For this, he/she has to have a good knowledge of the subjects and the syllabus.
Here is what JNV select test is based on
- Mental Ability – 50 question, 50 marks
- Arithmetic– 25 question, 25 marks
- Language– 25 question, 25 marks
The above-mentioned are the 3 general topics on which question would be prepared. To score good marks for a seat in JN you need to train yourself. Now here is the exam pattern as published by the JNV
- Mental ability –
- Odd man out
- Figure matching
- Space visualization
- Mirror imaging
- Figure series completion
- Embedded visualization
- Pattern completion
- Completing the geometrical figures
- Holding a punched pattern
- Number system
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Operation on whole number (four fundamentals)
- Distance, speed, and time
- Profit and loss
- Simple interest
- Area, volume, and perimeter
- Percentage and the applications of percentage
- Factors and multiples
- Decimals and its fundamental operations
- Conversion of fractions
- Numerical expressions and their simplifications
- Application of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc.
- Reading Comprehension
These are the basic topics a student should be thorough with. Now, for practise and enabling to score good marks, here are some of the best books for JNVST preparation.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam 2018 for Class 6 – https://www.amazon.in/Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Entrance-Class/dp/9311124923/
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam Guide 2018 – Class 6 – https://www.amazon.in/Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Entrance-Guide/dp/9386634481/
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Solved Papers 2018 for Class 6 – https://www.amazon.in/Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Solved-Papers/dp/9311124966/
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam: Class VI (Popular Master Guide) – https://www.amazon.in/Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Entrance-Exam/dp/8178126761/
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam 2014 For Class VI – https://www.amazon.in/Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Entrance-Class/dp/9350667894/
- 20 Practice Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya 2018 For Class 6 Paperback – 2017, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Solved Papers 2018 For Class 6 (Hindi) Paperback – 2017, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Solved Papers 2018 For Class 6 Paperback – 2017 (Set of 3) – https://www.amazon.in/Practice-Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Paperback/dp/B071S28YLJ/
All the details mentioned above were collected from several reputed websites and the official prospectus published by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.