Voter ID Card is necessary for every citizen of India for casting votes in the elections. In case, you have lost your Voter ID card, then you will just need to file an FIR in the nearest police station of your state. It is necessary for every adult of India have Voter Card with him/her. Therefore if you have lost the ID card, then you can file an FIR after which you can also apply for the duplicate ID Card.
File an FIR for lost Voter ID card
First of all, go to the police station where you can lodge an FIR for your lost Voter ID card. For registering the FIR in the police station, you can write the letter which will include the information of your lost Voter ID card and your request to get the duplicate voter ID card.
Submit application for the Duplicate Voter ID card
The candidates who want to get their Duplicate Voter ID card will need to follow these simple steps:
- First of all the candidate will need to go to the election commission office of his/her area.
- After going to the office, you can get the application form EPIC -001 which you can submit after completing it and attaching the necessary documents.
- You can download directly from the website – http://ceodelhi.nic.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/Forms/Form001.pdf
- Then the candidate will need to pay the fees for getting the duplicate copy of the Voter Id Card.
- The candidate will get the duplicate copy of the Voter ID Card at his/her home after 15 to 20 days.