Uttar Pradesh shares its border with Delhi and it has great opportunities to grow. In recent time, many good universities have been established in Uttar Pradesh and the government is also very supportive of students. It is an endeavor of the government to offer a scholarship to the students who find it difficult to meet the expenses of the education. Do you know what is that one documents which you need to apply for state-sponsored scholarship? That very important document is Domicile Certificate.
Domicile Certificate basically certifies that the student belongs to that particular state and it helps the student in availing the benefits that are offered by the government. Many times, even adults need the Domicile Certificate to apply for the government schemes which are applicable only for the people who are permanent residents of that particular state.
If you also need the Domicile Certificate and if you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh then you are at the right place as we have listed all the details about Domicile Certificate. Below is all the information that you need.
Eligibility Criteria to get Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria to get Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh are
- The application should be residing in Uttar Pradesh for more than 3 years and he should have a proof of it.
- If the applicant is female then she can apply even if her husband is a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- In case of students, it is possible to get Domicile Certificate if their parents are a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
Documents required to get Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh
Let us now look at the documents required to get the Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook with Address and Updated Entries
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Employment Certificate (in Cases where Applicable)
- Electricity Bill
- House Tax Form
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Water Bill
You do not need all the documents but you just need 1 each for ID Proof, Address Proof and Age Proof.
Online Procedure to get Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh
Here is the process to apply for Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh via Online Medium
- Visit the e-district website of Uttar Pradesh Government. The link to the website is http://edistrict.up.nic.in/index2-en.aspx.
- On the website, you will see an option for Citizen Login on top of the page. Click on the option and login to your account. If you do not already have an account on this portal then start by creating an account and then login to your account.
- After logging in, click on Services from the top menu. You will now see the list of services that you can apply for. On this page, find the Domicile Certificate and click on apply.
- You will now be taken to a new page where you can start filling the form to get the Domicile Certificate. After filling the form, verify the details, upload the documents and also pay the fee for getting the domicile certificate.
- Once all that is done, submit the form and save the application number with you.
This was the online application procedure for getting the Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh. You can keep tracking the status and you can download the certificate from this website once it is made available.
Offline procedure to get Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh (UP)
There is also an offline way to download the Domicile Certificate in Uttar Pradesh and here is how you can do it
- You need to visit the district centre or the common service centre in your area in Uttar Pradesh.
- From the office, you would need to obtain the application form and after getting the form, fill in the details. Also, attach the self-attested documents to the form.
- Submit the form along with the fee and obtain the acknowledgement
- You can later collect the Domicile Certificate from the office on the date of delivery. You would need to carry the acknowledgement receipt with you for this.
This was all about getting the domicile certificate in Uttar Pradesh. For the offline procedure, you need to visit the common service centres that are setup to offer all municipality related services.
In addition to this, it takes 2 weeks to get the Domicile Certificate so plan it out accordingly and apply in advance so that you have the documents when you need it.