A clean windshield is important and plays a significant part in the safe driving experience. You need to replace your wipers regularly, and you must also ensure that the washer fluid is at optimal levels. Some people only fill water in the washer tank, but we don’t recommend this. Some people also use regular shampoos or detergents, but this can prove to be corrosive or harmful to the water pump. You must always use a suitable quality windshield washer fluid in the car. It is easy to refill, and it is also very affordable.
Many options are available, but ensure you buy only good-quality windshield washer fluids for your car. A good windshield washer fluid will help you clean the windshield without getting out of the vehicle. It can help you eliminate the oil and grime on the windshield. Having an excellent windshield washer fluid is even more important if you drive in the rainy season. This will help you clear the mud from the windscreen, enabling you to drive safely. So, make it a habit to check the windshield washer fluids in your car regularly.
Don’t just rely on the car service schedule; these are some basic checks you can perform yourself. You can scroll through this guide and product review for India’s best car windshield washer fluids.
List of Car Windshield Washer Fluid in India
How to Choose The Best Windshield Washer Fluid
You might still be in the habit of adding the windshield washer fluid only when you take your car for service. In such a case, choosing the suitable windshield washer fluid can be slightly tricky without any recommendations or knowledge. So, to help you choose, we have listed some factors you must consider while buying windshield washer fluid.
- Type of Fluid – The first thing to check is the type of windshield washer. They are available in liquid, gel and tablet forms. We usually prefer liquid windshield washers since they are easy to dissolve. Gel windshield washers may stick to the hose and form some residue. The same is the problem with tablet-based windshield washers. They can block your pump if the concentration is higher than recommended limits.
- Formulation Type – You can also check the type of formulation of windshield washer fluid and sync it up with the weather conditions. Some windshield washer fluids are designed for rain, while others are intended to be used in hot areas. You will also find windshield washer fluids that have anti-freezing properties and are absolutely amazing if you drive in sub-zero temperatures.
- Pricing – Our purchase decisions are price sensitive, so checking the pricing associated with the windshield washer fluids is important. You should be able to get a decent option for less than Rs 200. There are some small one-time pouches available which will cost you even less. The liquid concentrates are available at a similar price range, and you can add one full bottle of the windshield washer fluid if you have that small bottle of pre-mix. So, check the cost per usage and arrive at a purchase decision.
- Size of Bottle – The next important thing is the size of the bottle. Some people would prefer bottles that can be used only in a single instance, while others may prefer bigger bottles with multiple units of windshield washer fluid. You can choose the size depending on your usage and the expiry date of the product.
- Non-Toxic – It is also important to ensure that the windshield washer fluid is non-toxic. It should be safe for the paint and the environment. In addition to this, windshield washer fluid must be bio-degradable. Check for all these details before you make a final choice about which windshield washer fluid to buy.
- Brand – When buying any car care product, it is best to opt for reliable brands. This is quite an important thing to consider. The chances of getting an inferior quality product reduce if you buy a branded windshield washer fluid.
- Reviews – You can check the reviews of the windshield washer fluids, and we have also helped you in this aspect. We have listed some of the best windshield washer fluids available in India. You can even seek recommendations from your friends who are already using a particular product.