Glue for plastics differs from the glues designed for general use. If there is a breakage in the plastic part, then you would need specialized glue for plastic that can hold the material together without damaging it. There are many good options available in India which can help you get better results than the regular instant glue.
Today, we will share some of the best glue for plastic in India so that you can paste the broken object. The glue for plastic will give you a stronger hold and is also easy to apply. So, move on to the next section and check out what we have for you.
List of Best Glue for Plastic in India
How to Choose the Best Glue for Plastic in India
Here are the pointers that you must consider while buying glue for plastic.
- Type of Plastic – Before buying the glue for plastic, you need to know the kind of material you would be pasting. Even in plastic, there are multiple grades. Find some information about it to help you choose the suitable glue. For example, if you are pasting PVC, ensure that the adhesive is compatible with the PVC material.
- Form of Glue – Look at the form of glue. You will find gel-based glues and solid glues that can be sculpted with the hand before applying. These plastic glues may also be known as plastic cement. Look at the angle of breakage, which will help you choose the suitable form of glue.
- Curing Time – The next important thing to check is the curing time. We recommend buying glues which would set in a couple of seconds. You can leave them for a longer time so that they can get enough time for curing. The information is available on the product package, and you can choose something with moderate curing time.
- Tensile Strength Rating – You must also check the tensile strength rating. You can choose any plastic glue if you have to paste a small article like a showpiece with almost no load bearing. However, the tensile strength rating becomes important if the plastic part has any load.
- Water Resistant – If the plastic part you are pasting will be submerged in water, ensure that the glue is resistant to the water. You would need to remove the plastic piece from the water to paste it, but if the adhesive is not water resistant, it will not hold the part together once you submerge it in the water again.
- Single Use vs Multiple Use – The packing of the glue would define if it could be used once or if it could be used multiple times. The cap should stop the glue from drying, which can also help you save the cost. If you often need plastic glue, then we recommend buying multiple-use adhesives. Also, some of the options are available only in large packaging.
- Non-Toxic & Safe – Glues can cause irritation and burns. You need to ensure that the glue that you are buying has a good amount of strength, but at the same time, it should not be toxic. If the glue you buy is toxic, ensure that you are using all the safety precautions before the application.
- Pre-Mixed vs Mixing Type – In terms of application, you will find the glues that can be directly applied to the plastic. You will also find the options where you get two components in separate tubes. You must mix those components and apply them to the plastic surface to paste them together. The pre-mixed are easy to use, whereas the other types may have better tensile strength.
- Applicator – You can also check the type of applicator you get with the plastic glue. Is it the pen-type applicator with a narrow opening, or is it available in a tin can that you would need to extract and apply. The good options are the ones that can be used directly on the surface from the tubing.
- Colour of Glue – Another critical point to check is the colour of the glue. For most of the applications, you may need transparent glue. The plastic cement might not be available in transparent colour. Ensure that you check the colour and buy something that would not look odd.