Ahmedabad has been known for its quick and rapid economic growth for the past decade or so. However when dwelling deep one can find many amazing facts and history about this Pre-Mughal city.
The city lies on the bank of Sabarmati River and is one of the finest cities of Western India. Having been established by the then king Ahmedshah Badshah in the 15th century, the city has come a long way to become the industrial hub of the nation.
The city boasts of a metropolis with the sixth largest population in the nation and is classified as the best place to live in India in some reports. That’s quite a testament to it.
There are many eccentric facts of Ahmedabad that people are unaware of. Today we’d look to dig deep and find such 10 facts that area a must-know for a person. Follow the trail and you’d get your answers.
10) Paradise for education enthusiastic
- Ahmedabad is a paradise for education enthusiastic. It is home to the best institute in the nation, Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
- The institute is globally famed for its entrepreneur production.
- Apart from IIM, there is National Institute of Design (NID) which is the perfect place for the designers and filmmakers.
9) Home to Kite Museum
- Ever dreamt of visiting a kite museum. The place often termed as a treat for kite lovers belongs in Ahmedabad is known as Kite Museum.
- Apart from the Kite Museum, it also has multiple other museums that hosts plenty of cultural identities.
8) Home to Mahatma Gandhi
- The father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi was born in these lands.
- The Sabarmati Ashram still has the remains of it. The city follows the lifestyle depicted by the great man.
7) A vegan city
- Ahmedabad, in fact, the whole of Gujarat is known for its vegan delicacies.
- The city practices vegan diet regime and is the largest vegan city in the nation.
6) Beautiful monuments all around
- This beautiful city harbors plenty of awe-inspiring monuments. As the city has a rich long history of ruling from Mughals, British, the independent India, it has had multiple architectural adversaries to showcase.
- A few of them are Jama Masjid, Siddi Sayyed Mosque, Sarabhai Villas and more.
- It also has plenty of gardens and lakes to look for.
5) Finest rapid transit system
- Ahmedabad features one of the most successful rapid transit system in the nation which is known as Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS).
- This is one of the most successful model of public transport in the nation.
4) Midnight spree
- If you’re one for the midnight walks and traverse around the city then, Ahmedabad is the one for you.
- Ahmedabad features midnight market in Manek Chowk which offers delightful foods and delicacies to quench your appetite.
- A leading jewelry place in the daytime turned into a midnight foodie delight quite ergonomically.
3) A dry city
- Ahmedabad is a dry city which makes it free from the nuisances of drunkards and alike. You’re more likely to be safe in this city than the other cities that harbors alcoholic delights.
2) City of Mills
- Ahmedabad is an entrepreneur’s paradise. The place has optimum support for booming industry and economy.
- It has had exquisite textile mills right through the course of history. Hence, the reason why it is also known as the ‘City of Mills’.
1) Gujarati Thali
- No food delicacy could surpass this ever. The Gujarati Thali is the only one of its kind.
- It offers a blend of different tastes under the same palate. It’s a definitive go-to if you’re in the Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad is one of the fastest growing cities in India with one of the best place to live upon. Definitely, a great place to be for travel or concourse. The natural scenic beauty coincided with the pre-Mughal architecture offers a fine viewing. We hope that these facts refreshed your memory. That’s all from us on the profiling of Ahmedabad.