Indian Idol is a singing reality show which has been featured in India since the year 2004 on Sony Channel. The original program was replaced for the sixth and eighth seasons by a spin-off named Indian Idol Junior. The show has been shown since 2004. There are already 13 seasons of the show, and the 14th premiered in July 2022. Indian Idol has been one of India’s top popular television shows for ten years. One of India’s long-time favorite activities has been watching people sing on television, particularly when they are with their families.
The third season’s Indian Idol winners, judges, hosts, and contestants are listed below.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 3
Prashant Tamang won Indian Idol’s third season. Prashant Tamang attended St. Robert School after being born to Rupa and Madan Tamang in Darjeeling, India. Tamang quit school and replaced his father as a policeman in the Kolkata Police after the accident that killed his father. According to the commentary for the Indian Idol program, Tamang went to the auditions for Indian Idol 3 (2007) because his peers and superiors, particularly Mr. Zulfiqar Hasan, (who, coincidentally, also secured Tamang’s leave approval for the competition), told him that his voice was excellent. He participated in the Indian Idol auditions in Kolkata and was later selected for the following stage. Judges had varying opinions on his performances. In the gala round, he is the only competitor who has never finished in the bottom three or four.
See the complete list of Indian idol winners till date.
- Anu Malik: Anu Malik is a well-known vocalist and songwriter from India. He received many prestigious honors for his contributions to the field.
- Javed Akhtar: Indian poet, screenwriter, lyricist, and political activist Javed Akhtar. He received the Padma Shri in the year 1999 and the Padma Bhushan in 2007, and he has won 5 National Film Awards.
- Alisha Chinai: An Indian pop singer, Alisha Chinai is well-known for both her Indi-pop albums and her playback vocals in Hindi movies. She’s referred to as the “Queen of Indipop.” Her song “Made in India” is her most popular.
- Udit Narayan: Indian playback artist Udit Narayan has primarily had songs from his discography used in Bollywood films. He has received 20 nominations, 4 National Film Awards, 5 Filmfare Awards, and many more. He received his initial.
Hussain Kuwajerwala & Mini Mathur hosted the third season of Indian Idol.
- Hussain Kuwajerwala: Hussain is an Indian actor, host, and model who works in television.
- Mini Mathur: Mini Mathur is popularly known as a model, actor, and television host from India. For six seasons, she served as a host of the Indian version of American Idol.
- Ankita Mishra:
Indian vocalist Ankita Mishra is frequently spotted on stage performances. Following Indian Idol, she gained popularity with her performance. A YouTube channel belongs to Ankita.
- Jolly Das:
She works in Bollywood as an Indian singer. Currently, she is a resident of Kolkata. From Kolkata’s Rabindra Bharati University, she received a degree in music.
- Parleen Gill:
Parleen is a captivating Bollywood vocalist who is originally from Chandigarh. The Punjabi singer who sings in Hindi is a former soldier. He began playing music when he was only four years old.
- Richa Aneja:
Early in her life, she began performing in various locations. She began performing on stage in an Amritsar art museum. She is well known for her performances of numerous well-known Punjabi tunes.
- Smita Adhikari:
She has performed a lot of songs in the Bengali language as a playback singer. She began singing at a young age because both of her parents are singers.
- Abhishek Kumar:
He is an Indian actor, popular amongst the regional audience for his work in movies like Titoo MBA and 5 Ghantey Mein 5 Crore.
- Emon Chatterjee:
He is a Kolkata-born singer from India. His name was drawn from the well-known Raga Yaman from Indian Classical Music. He began singing when he was 7 years old.
- Amit Paul:
Amit is a singer from India. Amit Paul is a native of Meghalaya’s main city of Shillong.
- Meiyang Chang:
He presently works as a TV personality, singer, and actor in Bollywood movies. He competed in Season 3 and even hosted Seasons 4 and 5 of Indian Idol on television.
- Prashant Tamang:
His acting career began as a well-known singer. He entered the Kolkata Police, where he often performs for the police band. His police department boss pushed him to audition for Indian Idol.
- Deepali Kishore:
Indian musician Deepali performs. She additionally made an appearance alongside Bollywood star John Abraham and sang a group number from the movie Goal.
- Pooja Chatterjee
She was a finalist in season three of Indian Idol.
- Charu Semwal
Additionally, Charu was also the finalist in the third season of Indian Idol.
Santosh Kumar is a Professional SEO and Blogger, With the help of this blog he is trying to share top 10 lists, facts, entertainment news from India and all around the world.