IGNOU, India’s largest open university, has recently introduced four new Post Graduate Diploma courses in Management. These courses are designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a successful career in management.
The four new courses are Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM), Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM). All these courses are offered through the School of Management Studies (SOMS) of IGNOU.
- The PGDHRM course is designed to provide students with an understanding of the principles and practices of human resource management. It covers topics such as recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and labour laws.
- The PGDFM course focuses on the principles and practices of financial management. It covers topics such as financial analysis, financial planning, capital budgeting, and financial decision-making.
- The PGDOM course provides students with an understanding of the principles and practices of operations management. It covers topics such as operations planning and control, quality management, supply chain management, and project management.
- The PGDMM course provides students with an understanding of the principles and practices of marketing management. It covers topics such as market research, product development, pricing, promotion, and distribution.
All these courses are offered through the distance learning mode. The duration of each course is one year and the medium of instruction is English. The courses are offered in both online and offline modes. The duration of all these courses is 1 year and the total course fee is INR 20,000.
These courses are ideal for those who are looking to pursue a career in the field of management. They provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the field. So, if you are looking to pursue a career in management, then these courses are the perfect choice for you.
IGNOU Admission Criteria for PG Diploma courses in Management
Candidates having a graduation degree with at least 50% marks in the general category are eligible to apply for getting admission to these courses. 5% relaxation in marks is provided for reserved category students. Candidates who have pursued Chartered Accountancy/ Cost Accountancy/ Company Secretaryship are also eligible.
IGNOU Admission 2023 has been opened for all these 4 courses. Candidates can apply till 31st January 2023.
- Application forms can be filled out online mode only at the time of first entry into the program.
- Subsequent continuation in the course will be done through re-registration forms.
- The re-registration form can be filled in online mode through IGNOU’s official website only.
- Candidates are able to register for a maximum of 5 courses per semester.
- Request for a change of courses will be done within 1.5 months of the commencement of the session by paying INR 2000 per course. This payment can be done by demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the city of the regional centre.
- The program fee is non-refundable and also not adjustable against any other course of the university.