Issued to EPFO Subscribers, the UAN number has a lot of benefits. It helps in switching your job, merge a lot of PF accounts and so on. You can access all of these with a unified UAN portal. EPFO Unified Portal is very important for all EPF members to withdraw, view, and complete their EPF. You need to register your mobile number for EPF portal, which is one of the basic needs to complete and access the tasks online.
As discussed above, employees can easily merge their several PF accounts with UAN and manage as one. When it comes to switch your job, you just have to give your UAN number to your employer. As the EPFO has launched the UAN portal, subscribers can easily merge up to 10 PF accounts at once. To avail that facility, employee has to seed their bank account with UAN and also attach details of PAN and Aadhaar Card.
How to Change Mobile Number on UAN Account?
Follow the steps given to change your mobile number on your UAN account –
- First of all, visit and login to UAN portal.
- Click “Manage” option on the homepage of UAN portal
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Contact Details”
- Click the checkbox against the option “Change Mobile No.”
- Enter new mobile number
- Enter your new number again
- Click “Get Authorization Pin”
- Enter OTP which is sent to your number
- Click “Save Changes” and register your new number
How to Change Mobile Number in EPF account in case of Forgotten Password?
If you have changed your mobile number and have forgotten your password, you need to follow these steps to change your password and mobile number.
- First of all, go to UAN portal.
- Enter UAN number and click “Forgot Password”
- Enter your UAN number again with captcha code
- It will display your current mobile number. If you want to change, click “No” when it asks “Do you want to confirm mobile number”.
- Click “Verify Document Number” on the page which shows your name, date of birth, gender, KYC etc.
- Put your new mobile number.
- Click on the tab “Get Authorization PIN”
- Once done, your mobile number will be registered in UAN database
Other options to change Mobile Number on EPF account
If you don’t have access to the internet to log in to your UAN EPF account, you can also change your EPF mobile number in offline mode. You just have to fill in the form requesting to change mobile number and submit to your employer. Then, the form will be submitted to the regional PF office by the employer for approval. The approval and verification process will take up to 15 days. After changing the mobile number, you will get a notification from EPFO that your mobile number is changed successfully.
Generate UAN on EPFO Portal
- Visit the official EPFO website
- Click “Our Services”
- Click “For Employees”
- Click “Activate or Register UAN link”
- Fill in KYC details like name, passport number, mobile number, Aadhaar number, and bank account number
- Upload scanned copy of signature and passport photo
- Click Submit and it will send an authorization Pin to your mobile number which is registered.
- Enter the Pin
- Once you have entered the PIN, it will generate UAN number
- Next up you need to activate UAN and you are good to go
- Click this link http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/uan_reg_form.php to access EPFO services
- Click “Service Tab”
- Go to “For Employees”
- Click “UAN Activation”
- Enter your mobile number, UAN and PF details
- Enter details like date of birth, father’s name etc.
- Enter Authorization PIN
- Click “Activate UAN”
- Create user and password to finish process